This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic 3DTV

This may be old news but I just seen the report in the news about the new 3D TV's. I hear they are priced at $5900.00 U.S. (the good news is they come with 1 pair of 3D glasses, sorry kids you'll have to wait your turn LOL)

Just curious on a serious note if anyone has been to a trade show to check out a demo model yet? I suppose we'll start seeing 3D blurays before to long...

I bought a DLP TV several years ago that is setup for 3D. I did not buy the glasses since there are only a few movies in 3D. The TV was $1500. I am not sure what Panasonic's $5900 buys you.

An industry leader in display and advanced light control solutions

Comment

Thanks billbell52, ya know I must be years behind the current times. I honestly didn't know they already made 3D sets or 3D DVD/Blurays

I need to point one thing out about the price, I just did a quick Google search and that price was on some hardware/news site, it may be accurate but it may be less. I didn't really do any hardcore research.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
        Thanks billbell52, ya know I must be years behind the current times. I honestly didn't know they already made 3D sets or 3D DVD/Blurays

I need to point one thing out about the price, I just did a quick Google search and that price was on some hardware/news site, it may be accurate but it may be less. I didn't really do any hardcore research.
        the 3d tv's that they are about to release is a new technology .there will also be 3d blu-ray players .try researching it at thedigitalbits.com.

Comment

Ahh ok, then that price is probably correct since it's new technology and will probably drop after a few years. I was just thinking of getting a new TV soon but not at that price thanks for the info

Comment

I wonder if Panasonic has bought shares in any major eye glass companies? LOL. If there are any parents reading this. I hope you have a good medical plan. After your kids have been stairing at these 3d screens long enough, (when 3d video games come out), you know they will need glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
              Ahh ok, then that price is probably correct since it's new technology and will probably drop after a few years. I was just thinking of getting a new TV soon but not at that price thanks for the info
              I don't know what size you are looking for but i read about one name brand that will be releasing a 42 in. in june in the 3000.00 range, and that they will be doing tv-blu ray packages to at reasonable prices.

Comment

I currently have a 40in. Bravia lcd and would like to bump up to about 50in.

Comment

I was at the Consumer Electronics Show in January and saw the 3d demos. The price point for the 3D TVs is about 300 to 500 premium over non-3D ones. They bundle one pair of blue-tooth lcd shutter glasses with the TV. Additional glasses are 150 each. The TV will, of course, show standard stuff to. 3D will require HDMI 1.4 connections because HDMI can only send 1 60Hz frame at a time and the 3D technology requires 2. This means that everything in your video chain will require hdmi 1.4 as well; Display, receiver/processor, blu-ray player, TV/Cable/Satellite tuner.

The technology is pretty immersive but you do need a fairly dark room and need to be within a certain viewing angle to get full advantage. Of course there is no standard for the wireless shutter glasses, so you cannot take yours over to your friends house necessarily for that sports viewing party. Direct TV announced that 3 3D channels would be broadcasting by June.

Comment

Working...
                  X