Help me get 3d up and running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Players Help me get 3d up and running

Hi all..wondering if anyone here can help steer me in the right direction for setting up a method for viewing 3d rips to my projector. Having only limited knowledge I am wondering if 3d movies can be ripped side by side using dvdfab to supply my epson projector..then being the projector does not have any built in apps can I then play the rip through my plex app via roku media streamer or do I need a computer to feed signal to projector...if someone has traveled down this rabbit hole before me your advice would be greatly appreciated. The greater the detail the better. Thanks

As long as your projector has a 3D viewing option for SBS then yes, DVDFab can rip and convert 3D to SBS format. You can also stream it to your projector however ever you want since SBS is just a standard 2D recording and doesn't require any special formatting like MVC. Your projector needs to have the option for viewing 3D SBS built in though. Not all do, it's annoyingly missing on my 4K/3D Optoma. The last time I tried converting to SBS with DVDFab it appeared to be kind of broken though. It doesn't resize the frames to the correct aspect ratio anymore. I haven't bothered them about it because they seem hyper focused on StreamFab at the moment.

Comment

Well that's disheartening to hear. I just chased the vudu 3d streaming option far enough to find that I couldn't find a player to stream with and after jumping through their provided troubleshooting was told they no longer support 3d...guess they sell it just don't support it and I'm not going to buy streaming devices that may or may not work..so I figured what the hay I'll just rip some and add them to my server...only that option probably won't work either....guess 3d is in fact dying out...sad

Comment

Originally posted by wemickna View Post
        As long as your projector has a 3D viewing option for SBS then yes, DVDFab can rip and convert 3D to SBS format. You can also stream it to your projector however ever you want since SBS is just a standard 2D recording and doesn't require any special formatting like MVC. Your projector needs to have the option for viewing 3D SBS built in though. Not all do, it's annoyingly missing on my 4K/3D Optoma. The last time I tried converting to SBS with DVDFab it appeared to be kind of broken though. It doesn't resize the frames to the correct aspect ratio anymore. I haven't bothered them about it because they seem hyper focused on StreamFab at the moment.
        I haven't had any problems ripping 3D Blu Rays with DVDFab. For the files to work with my projector, I have to use "Half" rather than "Full", although that may only be because I have a 1080p projector.

[Edit] I mean select "Half" in DVDFab, not in the projector settings.

Comment

Working...
        X