This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the difference between the Sherlock Holmes Disc

Just wondering why the digital copy that comes in the combo pack (BR/DVD) backs up ok even on a SL with no compression and the other single disc people are having all these problems with. Anybody have any ideas ?
    Paid Not To Work
    US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
    Proudly Served On
    USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
    6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

What's on the SD disk besides the movie Jimbo? I'm trying to find the combo pack but living in a town where both city limit signs are on the same post makes it tough.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Ok I found the combo at the super center 22 miles away! Anyway there is a big difference in the single disk version and the digital copy version in the combo. The single disk shows 4887 and rips to 5.1 GB the combo copy shows 3843 and rips to 3.75 GB. Two completely different pressings, all the previews are on the single disk and none on the combo version, all are on the BR disk. I know the previews have nothing to do with the main movie other than proof there are two versions. I’m guessing the single disk version was pressed for the retail sales version and the rental market and they put a little something extra on it for the rent and burn folks.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks 90312 thats what I thought that the single disc had a bunch of junk on it and thats why people were having problems compressing it
        Paid Not To Work
        US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
        Proudly Served On
        USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
        6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
          Thanks 90312 thats what I thought that the single disc had a bunch of junk on it and thats why people were having problems compressing it
          Di loves All the Junk
          But Allas will have to wait till Next Month to watch it Before it Comes to South Africa ( Saw it in the Bioscope )
          Probley Watch all the special Feachers Before the Movie .
          the Time we get it Fab has Ironed out all the Problems

Comment

If you love the behind the scenes stuff and interviews with the actors Di, get the BR combo it was only six dollars more here in the staes for some reason. The single SD version is just previews. I had to buy both, love a good mystery!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              If you love the behind the scenes stuff and interviews with the actors Di, get the BR combo it was only six dollars more here in the staes for some reason. The single SD version is just previews. I had to buy both, love a good mystery!
              Thanks I love All special Features and Extras
              Only Problem I dont have any Blu-ray player thingy .MY Kids got a PS2

Think of the Good side THE TIME I invest in a Blue-Ray Burner FAB wood have ironed out Most of the Problems

Good one I saw was Going 4 about R4,000 Rand South African Money

thats about 10 months Electrisity with the Tumble dryer and Aircon

Comment

Working...
              X