X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning Chinese and Japanese Characters

Hello,

I am very interested in learning foreign languages and started to deal with Chinese and Japanese characters a while ago.

I know that in Japan two lists of basic characters are used: the Jôyô Kanji List (kanji for "everyday use," the newest List contents 2,136 characters) and the Jinmeiyô Kanji List (kanji for Japanese, Chinese, and Korean names, currently 985 characters). Authorities, schools, and media are limited to these characters by law; every character they use that is not part of the two Lists must be explained in hiragana.

I would like to know whether there are similar lists in China--or what characters do the Chinese learn at school? What are the Chinese equivalents to the Japanese Jôyô and Jinmeiyô Kanji?

There is also a difference between traditional characters (still used in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, and by many oversea Chinese; many Japanese kanji are also traditional Chinese characters) and simplified characters. Is there a detailed list available on the Internet that shows the differences?

Thank you very much in advance for your help and many greetings,

Mediafox

把我難住,但怎麼做這適合入dvd拷貝論壇的格式。

Comment

Translation please, G?
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Translation.........

"Beats me but what does this have to do with a dvd copy forum?"

Comment

I thought that it may have been something like that!!!

I agree....
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X