This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluray update news

I'm not a DVDFAB expert and I don't know if it makes a difference with the blu ray and DVDFAB's ability to back up but I read the following today (and it's always good to keep the firmware updated):

a number of people are having playback problems with Fox's Avatar Blu-ray+DVD set. Specifically, the Blu-ray itself will not load, takes a long time to load, or has major functionality problems if it does load. Our sources are telling us that the reason is all about BD-Plus DRM (Digital Rights Management). Avatar uses the newest, latest version of BD-Plus, and not all players are fully compatible with it without firmware updates. I have the Oppo BDP-83 (with the latest firmware update) and it works fine. But for many models, you need to do a firmware update. Most major manufacturers issues a firmware update for this exact title in the last couple weeks before its release, but obviously not all consumers have run the update yet. (This can be done either online via your BD-Live connection, or you can download the firmware update from your manufacturer's website and burn it to a CD-R... OR you can get an update disc directly from the manufacturer's customer service department.)
    Last edited by Guest; 04-28-2010, 07:36 PM.
Working...
X