This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windows xp

yesterday 7/29/10 I had Security Master AV pop up on my screen and my McAfee security was fighting like #*$@* trying to stop it!, but it took over McAfee and shut it down! then MASTER AV started popping up with a screen that would make this un-godly noise, then when I click on it, it would show a screen to pay for 6, 12, or two years for virus protection, plus amounts($) for each! I declined, but it took over my PC and finally turned to a black screen with Icons and nothing would work!, also had a small screen saying that I was a victim of conterfeite software, turned out to be my windows xp I had a service come to my house and the guy cleaned my PC, was full of viruses!, and told me that I needed to get my windows xp validated, could not get anything to work on my ATT-network, I'm now using safari to do anything, I called the guy that did my setup and software on my PC, which was about 5 years ago, he told me to call back later, now can't get an answer! What I wanted to know is how can I get my windows xp validated? Do I have to buy a windows xp disk?, and if so how would I perform on doing this! I've had my windows for 5 years and it never said my XP was counterfeite before! Going to safari to get anything to work is getting very difficult, had problems down loading new beta versions, everything has been difficult! Do anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Also the tech that came out gave me a web-site for free anti-virus and said it was for better than McAfee, CNET.COM if anybody could use this! (sorry if this is not allowed), but can anyone help?

Go to the MS web site and download their validation software.

Comment

windows xp

GRUNON, I went to microsoft.com and didn't see any validate software download software! Could you show me, or the web-site?

Comment

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
        GRUNON, I went to microsoft.com and didn't see any validate software download software! Could you show me, or the web-site?
        Here ya go buddy.
        HTML Code:
        http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/ValidateNow.aspx?displaylang=en
        Also, get a good antivirus. Mcafee sucks.
        SPECS
        DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
        SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Originally posted by Racem22 View Post
          Here ya go buddy.
          HTML Code:
          http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/ValidateNow.aspx?displaylang=en
          Also, get a good antivirus. Mcafee sucks.
          Ditto and don't go with Norton either

There are a variety of decent choices out there. Here are a couple:
          For freeware, Avast is a good bet.
          If you're paying, Kaspersky is tough to beat
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

windows xp

Thanks RACEMAN22, and Thanks MAINEMAN, the tech that came to the house set me up with AVAST!

Comment

You're welcome man. Avast is very good so you should do better now. Also, I'd recommend an Anti-Spyware program as well, like SuperAntiSpyware. Theres the paid version($20) and the free version, the difference being that the paid version has real-time protection. I would get at least the free version so you can scan suspicious things that you download and scan your drive once in a while also, because there are things that regular antiviruses just don't catch that this does. I would also suggest a good firewall like comodo(which is free).
              SPECS
              DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
              SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

One thing I would add is to watch out for ActiveX. Unless you are absolutely sure of the source I would not allow any ActiveX applications to execute! That sounds like what took you down to me. I now have both of my granddaughter’s netbooks here because they allowed some counterfeit virus tool to execute an ActiveX and commandeer the computer.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

windows xp

RACEMAN22, thanks and where can I go to get these! (WEB-SITES), Also can I run these all at the same time without one interferring with the other? MAINEMAN and RACEMAN22 still can't get my windows xp validated, I'm having to use safari to do everything! Do you have to have a registration key! I've called the guy that put windows on my PC, he's suppose to get back with me, but that's what he said yesterday! I'm just puzzeled that I never had a problem with my windows before, and 5 years later now microsoft is saying it's counterfiete! SAFARI's browers is not able to do the process, that's what it keeps telling me!(In more professional terms),so when I go back to yahoo.com (att.net) my provider, I can't use it because of the windows problem! Any more suggestions, If not, I really appreciate all the other information!

Comment

by the way I checked my pc, went to START and then MY COMPUTER and then PROPERTIES and it showed registered in my name and a series of numbers(ex.00000-000-0000000-00000), Does this mean that my windows is validated or not?

Comment

Thanks alot!

Comment

I assume your computer came with XP installed, if legit it will have a sticker somewhere on the case with real numbers/letters. All zeros seems to indicate a bootleg copy and an update caught up with it.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I just used "0"s for an example, There is a long series of numbers, should that show it's validated?

Comment

90312: I don't think it was actually all zeroes, I think he was just giving an example. I'm sure he wouldn't want to put his real key on here.
                            SPECS

Comment

Understood, but all zeros is an old bootleg trick. Did you find the sticker 8855A?
                              Last edited by 90312; 07-30-2010, 09:06 PM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X