Does DVDFab Remove Copy Protection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does DVDFab Remove Copy Protection?

My buddy read somewhere that DVDFab does not remove copy protection from disks. I wanted to find out if that was true and could not find any documentation.

This statement of your buddy is misleading and incorrect.

No software can remove the copy protection from the ORIGINAL disks because once they are wriiten, they cannot be changed.

What Fab does, and does very well, is take the original disk, DVD or Blu-Ray, and removes all copy protection while extracting the disk to your hard disk. When tis process is then complete, Fab burns the title to blank disk which you can use to play in set top players.

This is a very simplistic overview and Fab has a lot of other features available also.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

So your product preforms virtually the same as [other software]? How often do updates come out to handle newer Blu-ray releases?
      Last edited by Complication; 08-16-2010, 01:47 PM. Reason: removed non-allowed software reference

Comment

Originally posted by postrooms View Post
        So your product preforms virtually the same as [other software]? How often do updates come out to handle newer Blu-ray releases?
        Postrooms,

Dvdfab not only have what the competitors have but other features as well. Lets say with gpu acceleration for compressing blu ray down to bd 25 or main movie to dvd 9 and dvd 5. Which will help out most people cause they do not have top of the line cpu. That only is worth it over the others. Not to mention the price is comparable if not better most of the time.

As far as updates dvdfab was the first to come out with avatar support. It was all most a week earlier then any of the others. Also it was before it was done before the release hit the general public.

There is more but you should try the trial and figure it out yourself. I have both and I never use [other software]. It was a waste of money for me.

One last thing though the forums here are more responsive and the people who code the program itself will respond and read all of the errors people encounter. Not to mention all of the Mods are very helpful and responsive to the threads.

Cheers!
        Last edited by Complication; 08-16-2010, 01:48 PM. Reason: removed non-allowed software references

Comment

Working...
        X