For Aussie Fab Users - RANGA Vs Budgie Smuggler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything Else For Aussie Fab Users - RANGA Vs Budgie Smuggler

This is for a bit of fun & to see how good our Aussie Fab users are as pollsters.

Everyone is welcome though.

To explain it to the non-Aussies (Poor Buggers), we go to the polls on Saturday to elect a new government.

Our incumbent Prime Minister is Julia Gillard who has red hair.

All red haired people in Oz are affectionally known as 'Ranga's" which is Strine derived from "Ourangatang"

Tony Abbott. our esteemed leader of the Opposition continually competes in "Iron Man" competitions and wears abbreviates swimmers, which because of the pointy bit poking out at the front are known as "Budgie Smugglers". A Budgie is a budgerigar, as small parrot which is coveted overseas by collectors and often smuggle out of the country.

So basically, the slang strine saying is derived from it looks like a wearer has a parrot tucked in the fron of his swimmers.

I have tried to explain it as best I can but any othe Skippy's please feel free to chime in.

I am a fence sitter at the moment as I regard the election as too close to bloody call.
    The Ranga?
    33.33%
    The Budgie Smuggler
    66.67%

The poll is expired.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Just voted, I hope your poll is right.

Comment

If anyone wants to be on the distribution list for a copy of the flood of joke emails that I am receiving, please PM me your email but be warned, some of them are less than savoury and I am not going to cull/sensor them in any way.

That's up to your delete key, OK?
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Please. I've sent you a PM.

Don't cut out the good ones !!!

Comment

To explain to all our other forum members, a Bunyip is a mythological monster that inhabits our Billabongs (Nothing to do with our successful Surf Wear, but it actually means a pool within a river course that can dry up during drought period leaving a chain of them)....

It has been likened to a dragon but with more fearsome features.

I wish that there was a native Koori on this forum to explain this as I am just a poor Whitefella that attempts to have some understanding of the 50,000+ years of inhabitatition of our great continent & nation and the "Dreamtime".

Please. anyone feel free to correct me or add more info. I would appreciate some help.

Comment

Here is an example of the sort of stuff that is running around from both sides of the political spectrum:-

Comment

PPS: This is a very PG13 rated one. I think it was the tamest that I could find.

Comment

Budgie Smugglers

And to be fair, Here is the other side of the political spectrum:-

Comment

I will publish some more cartoons here later today.

Comment

And here is what the voters actually think of politicians:-

A "Dunny" in Strine is sn outhouse.

Comment

I am going to have to cancel this idea. My major source of these has dried up as he has had to go into hospital.

My apologies.
                      Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                      If anyone wants to be on the distribution list for a copy of the flood of joke emails that I am receiving, please PM me your email but be warned, some of them are less than savoury and I am not going to cull/sensor them in any way.

That's up to your delete key, OK?

Comment

I was watching the election coverage on the television just after going to cast my vote and heard this remark which I thought was very amusing:-

"It is an election of the BLOODNUT versus the WINGNUT"

For non-Strine speakers...

BLOODNUT = Red Haired Person, self explanatory
                        WINGNUT = Person with large prominent ears that likens them to a wingnut.

Comment

Just checking out the races (horse racing) as I do every day, couldn't believe one of the things the TAB are offering today, ONLY in Australia surely.

You can place a bet on which will be higher, the number of seats Labor will win today OR the number of points one of the football teams will score.

Comment

Sorry!!!

I didn't explain before that "NUT" = Strine for "HEAD"

Comment

So, who won??????????????

Comment

Working...
                              X