Verbatim Disks no AZO dye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verbatim Disks no AZO dye?

Looked at the new verbatim +-R dvds and there is no AZO labeling anywhere on the package. Did verbatim stop using the AZO dye? I thought the appeal of the verbatim brand was this dye choice.

They call them "lifebrand" or something like it. My question is has anyone used them yet or have any opinion on the quality of the new verbs?

click on the link below.

Comment

Thanks for the link. It is a bit depressing that Verbatim has lowered the bar on their quality.

Verbs were easy to get in my part of the world and relatively inexpensive if you waited for a sale about every 4-6 weeks at the local office supply store.

Guess I will be buying TY's online from now on

Comment

Originally posted by Keledole View Post
        Thanks for the link. It is a bit depressing that Verbatim has lowered the bar on their quality.

Verbs were easy to get in my part of the world and relatively inexpensive if you waited for a sale about every 4-6 weeks at the local office supply store.

Guess I will be buying TY's online from now on
        TY's are easy to get in "your" part of the world too.
        I'm right next door and supermediastore and meritline are very reliable, online retailers.
        Look for the free shipping promos.

I always purchase YUDEN000 T02 00 and have never been disappointed.
        These are +R 8X...and the best SL media on the planet
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
          TY's are easy to get in "your" part of the world too.
          I'm right next door and supermediastore and meritline are very reliable, online retailers.
          Look for the free shipping promos.

I always purchase YUDEN000 T02 00 and have never been disappointed.
          These are +R 8X...and the best SL media on the planet
          I have never been disappointed with Taiyo Yuden either, if you can find JVC brand at the local media store they too are TY's

Comment

Originally posted by StormJumper View Post
            I have never been disappointed with Taiyo Yuden either, if you can find JVC brand at the local media store they too are TY's
            Taiyo Yuden did an absolutely horrible job of explaining this, both to the retailers and to the general consumer base.
            TY actually acquired majority (controlling) interest in JVC and not the other way around as is commonly and erroneously reported.

All TY media will now be sold under the JVC label, but will stiill be made in Japan in the TY factories.
            Additionally, my understanding is that all dvd media which carries the JVC label will be manfactured by TY.

I bought my last few spindles a few months ago and they still carried the TY label. I suspect my next purchase will have the new JVC label, but who knows???

I haven't seen the new label in any brick & mortar stores in the US or Canada yet, nor have I heard of anyone who has, but to be honest, I haven't looked lately.
            I'd be very much interested in hearing from anyone who has.
            They're definitely available online.
            Last edited by maineman; 08-25-2010, 06:09 AM.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Saved some time on not burning since you bought the Media Player, Maineman???
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                Saved some time on not burning since you bought the Media Player, Maineman???
                OH YEAH...
                Sitting in the comfy chair looking through my movies with a remote is tough to take too...lol

Comment

Working...
                X