Ati HD5770

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware Ati HD5770

Can someone tell me if I have to go to ati website to get help with this card to backup bluray and if so what do I need.
    sorry for being a novice

Not sure exactly what you're asking.
    There is no CUDA GPU acceleration for ATI cards, only nVidia.

You should be able to use DXVA H.264 / DXVA VC1 for your Video Decoder settings, but I run an nVidia GTX 260 so I really have no idea

Take a look at the thread:
    Post your GPU chipset results here!
    and definitely check out the ATI forums
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by stellaortwa View Post
      Can someone tell me if I have to go to ati website to get help with this card to backup bluray and if so what do I need.
      sorry for being a novice
      Stella,
      You don't really need anything... ATI cards do not have CUDA-like GPU acceleration feature... ATI made some pathetic attempts, but nothing works. So, their website wouldn't be any help for you, nor the AMD/ATI in general. Don't take me wrong, as a graphic cards they are pretty good and doing what they suppose to do, they just not good at parallel computing (feature needed, or preferred in A/V conversions).
      If you want to enjoy DVDFab GPU acceleration capability in your play with Blu-rays, you have to have CUDA-capable nVIDIA card in your machine. Sorry to give you a bad news, but your card for what you are looking to do is a wasted money
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Ati hd5770

Hello, Well at least now I understand, so I dont mind buying aother card as I have two computers....Thanks for clearing up my confusion

Comment

Hello, Well at least now I understand, so I dont mind buying aother card as I have two computers....Thanks for clearing up my confusion
          Stella, before you buying card, please consult with members here. Also, I know you have posted specs for your machine, but I'm too lazy to look for it, can you please provide specs for machine you want to buy new card for. Thx
          sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thanks for the help.gosh some of these cards are expensive and I dont want to buy the wrong card.
            Cooler Master HAF 932 full tower case,Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H, AMD 880G, S,AMD Phenom II X4 955 BlackEdition, 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair XMS3 Classic, D, 1GB Gigabyte HD 5770 , PCI-E 2.0 (x , 650W Corsair Professional CMPSU-650

Comment

Thanks for the help.gosh some of these cards are expensive and I dont want to buy the wrong card.
              Cooler Master HAF 932 full tower case,Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H, AMD 880G, S,AMD Phenom II X4 955 BlackEdition, 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair XMS3 Classic, D, 1GB Gigabyte HD 5770 , PCI-E 2.0 (x , 650W Corsair Professional CMPSU-650
              Stella,
              as I suggested to many other members, buy something in a mid-range. Your processor wouldn't be able to support high-end card anyway.
              Something from 200-series nVIDIA cards will be sufficient and will provide satisfactory result. Nothing fancy, look at your sources (stores, online) and see if they have 200-series affordable card. Amount of memory on a card doesn't matter at all, don't even look at that number - anything that card have will work for you.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X