New ImgBurn 2.5.2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software New ImgBurn 2.5.2.0

Hello everyone , for those of you who use ImgBurn there is a new update posted today Released: Wednesday 1st September 2010
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Thanks CB
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks ole929 I have not checked that site for updates in a while.

Here is the link to the Imgburn site.

ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit... and it's free!
      Last edited by Guest; 09-02-2010, 03:36 AM. Reason: add link

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post

Thanks CB
        Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
        Thanks ole929 I have not checked that site for updates in a while.
        Your Welcome my friends
        Like the new GUI in Img
        Last edited by CBR929; 09-02-2010, 03:35 AM.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

thanks for the post and will update ImgBurn tonight

Comment

oops

There is an old saying, if something is not broken, do not try and fix it!
            I wish I could stick to that, lol.
            Just downloaded the new version and got a message that it "May" alter some previous settings, Having only just started with IMG Burn, and DVDFab, and using the helpful link to a youTube video on how to set IMG burn up, can anyone tell me if it is likely to have changed anything radically. Had a quick look, with my limited knowledge, and it appears to have retained the media settings and write speed I previously set, so, am I clear to go?
            Perhaps one of the more experienced operators will look at it, and see what changes may need to be made!
            Thanks in advance.
            :Dpart time musician, full time chancer,lol;)

Comment

It did not change any of my setting.
              Did a couple test burns and all is well.

But..... if you are not comfortable with the update then do not do it if 2510 is working for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper View Post
                There is an old saying, if something is not broken, do not try and fix it!
                Ah yes, a favorite of mine as can be seen in my sig...
                The odds are huge against LUK! releasing a broken or buggy version of Img.
                I haven't installed this one yet, but I will later tonight when I get a chance

I would venture to say "you're good to go".
                Last edited by maineman; 09-02-2010, 06:55 PM.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
                  It did not change any of my setting.
                  Did a couple test burns and all is well.

But..... if you are not comfortable with the update then do not do it if 2510 is working for you.
                  Hey G...

I thought I posted awhile back, but stuck at work and I musta walked away before clicking "Submit Reply"...oh well.

@Jasper
                  Excellent advice as always from Gruñón

Comment

New IMG Burn update 2.5.2.0

Help! Went to the IMG site to update and was unable to follow the link for the download. What I require is a lot of patience and step by step procedure to avoid all these other downloads that are shown and I don`t require.
                    Thanks! Jak

Comment

IMG Burn update

CBR 929 In anticipation of your response and a great deal of button pushing I managed to strike it lucky and completed the download. I expect my problems are due to the great meltdown that we have been enduring all Summer with extreme heat since April. Again, Thanks. Jak

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                        Ah yes, a favorite of mine as can be seen in my sig...
                        The odds are huge against LUK! releasing a broken or buggy version of Img.
                        I haven't installed this one yet, but I will later tonight when I get a chance

I would venture to say "you're good to go".
                        I didn't get in on beta testing for this one but yes the new releases are beta tested by quite a few people with different setups and OS's so it "should" be good to go

Make sure you check or uncheck what you want though when installing it. Especially the ASK toolbar crap lol
                        Last edited by Bob; 09-02-2010, 08:30 PM.
                        "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Originally posted by jacobean View Post
                          CBR 929 In anticipation of your response and a great deal of button pushing I managed to strike it lucky and completed the download. I expect my problems are due to the great meltdown that we have been enduring all Summer with extreme heat since April. Again, Thanks. Jak
                          Hi Jak
                          How have you been ?
                          Hope every thing is good with you my friend
                          Fab must be treating you good haven't seen any post by you
                          Take care and stay cool
                          CBR929

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                            Make sure you check or uncheck what you want though when installing it. Especially the ASK toolbar crap lol
                            I'm with you Bob

Something I never noticed in ImgBurn before it must be new. In either write or build mode, under View (Drop Zone)
                            Here is the explanation of its purpose off it.
                            In the 'Build' mode of ImgBurn you can drag and drop files and folders on the program window that you want to be included in the compilation onto the program window and also in the 'Write' mode you can drag an image (or .mds) file onto the program window that you want to be written.

To avoid that the the program looses focus when you are in Windows Explorer as an example and have to click on the ImgBurn task bar icon to get it back to focus again, you can enable the 'Drop Zone' feature.
                            It will show you a 'stay on top' window, where you can drag and drop your selected files/images onto, without the hassle of having to bring ImgBurn program window to the foreground all the time.

Instead of drag and drop, you can also copy selected files/images and then by right-clicking on the drop zone and selecting 'Paste', add them into ImgBurn.

The Drop Zone function is available in the 'Build' and 'Write' modes.

If you have 'minimized' ImgBurn and you want to 'restore it', you can double click on the drop zone to bring ImgBurn back to the foreground.

The default setting is 'Disabled'.

CBR929

Comment

all looks good!

Well, so far it all looks Ok, and just done my first copy using it. Now watching and looks fine, so, looks like I have got away with it, lol.
                              :Dpart time musician, full time chancer,lol;)

Comment

Working...
                              X