This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy dvd to other media

In general, the main reason I use DVDfab is to get my DVDs to a format that my WD Media Player can read. Why play your DVD movies using a DVD player. Once I copy my DVD to MP4 or what ever format, my DVD goes in box in a closet.

Years ago I copied my old 45s and LPs to CD. Now I find myself, copying the CDs to a audio format for my Media Player.

YA Technology...gotta love it. Thank god they didn't copy protect my records!

I could not agree more.... Playing a CD or DVD is now "DARK AGE STUFF" to me.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Then I'm still in the Dark Age. Can't see myself watching a movie without my DVD player.

Heck, I just got a MP3 player to use when I work out. Just couldn't stand working out to Country that was playing at the Gym.
      Into abyss
      You don't exist
      Cannot resist
      The Judas kiss
      Judas lives recite this vow
      I've become your new god now

Comment

Mate, once you make the step you never look back.

Imagine having 1000+ movies available at the touch of a button and it works just like a DVD player.

Originally posted by stonemiser View Post
        Then I'm still in the Dark Age. Can't see myself watching a movie without my DVD player.

Heck, I just got a MP3 player to use when I work out. Just couldn't stand working out to Country that was playing at the Gym.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

That does sound cool, but my wife would never get me out of the house.
          Into abyss
          You don't exist
          Cannot resist
          The Judas kiss

Comment

I've gone a step further than wrw50. I have networked media players attached to my two main TV's and they stream movies from a central library held on network storage.

Also, my new Samsung 52" TV plays directly from a hard disk plugged in to it's USB port.

Sweet !!!

Comment

Sounds like you got it going on there Greg. I love my media player but I'll still burn backups to protect my originals. I've been encoding and experimenting with profiles like a madman lately lol. I'll have a few questions about encoding for you in a couple days if I can't work it out for myself.

Comment

That's without the 5-10 hard disk media players that I am always testing/developing !!!

Comment

Dang Gregiboy, can I come over to play?

Sounds like a pretty sweet set up.
                  Into abyss
                  You don't exist
                  Cannot resist
                  The Judas kiss

Comment

Sure Mate, anytime !!!!

Comment

Cool!!!! Always wanted to see the "Down Under"!!!
                      Into abyss
                      You don't exist
                      Cannot resist
                      The Judas kiss

Comment

GOING BACK TO WHAT I STARTED, WRITING DATA TO ANY MEDIA WILL ALWAYS BE A MOVING TECHNOLOGY. DVDfab seems to always look forward.

Comment

Working...
                        X