Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations, finally dvdfab.com considered safe.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations, finally dvdfab.com considered safe.

Not sure obviously what protection you all use, I use and have used McAfee for years now, very happy with it too, EXCEPT whenever I check for downloads on dvdfab.com or get emails from them or more recently since I have joined these forums, I get a RED FLAG to warn me that this site is unsafe.

DO NOT WORRY, it always has been a safe site, and now just noticed after requesting several times that they recheck their data or whatever, McAfee have now given the site a GREEN light.

About *&^%$# time too.

yeah don't you hate those false positives. I used to use McAfee but changed to Norton less than a month of using it due to it ruining my computer. I have also since changed from Norton to a few others but am now using ZA on my XP computer and laptop and on my windows 7 I am using Microsoft Security Essentials even though I have 2 licenses for ZA good for 3 computers each

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      yeah don't you hate those false positives. I used to use McAfee but changed to Norton less than a month of using it due to it ruining my computer. I have also since changed from Norton to a few others but am now using ZA on my XP computer and laptop and on my windows 7 I am using Microsoft Security Essentials even though I have 2 licenses for ZA good for 3 computers each
      Funny how you get used to one thing or another, I had McAfee for ages, happy with it except for it red flagging DVDFab, then when my computer failed totally a while back I bought a new computer that came with a free trial of Norton.

I installed it, but didn't like it at all, removed it and renewed my McAfee subscription.

SURE it is okay, just I was more comfortable with the one I knew.

Maybe that is why I have been married for 40 years.

Comment

Mate, I was married for 37 and it all then fell in a heap.

You never know what's around the corner !!!!!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post

Thanks............

I didn't say happily married for 40 years.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post

ROTF

As for protection on the puter ..... Zone Alarm (firewall) and AVG (virus) all the way !!! Been using them for years, I hate bloatware !!

Cheers
            AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

I'm with alien on this one. Have used both Norton and McAfee (both are system hogs) and got viruses with both. Switched to the smaller AVG and have been using it for years now with very good results. (knock on wood)
              Into abyss
              You don't exist
              Cannot resist
              The Judas kiss
              Judas lives recite this vow
              I've become your new god now

Comment

Originally posted by stonemiser View Post
                I'm with alien on this one. Have used both Norton and McAfee (both are system hogs) and got viruses with both. Switched to the smaller AVG and have been using it for years now with very good results. (knock on wood)
                Yes tough decision, I will stick with McAfee for now, as far as I know it catches everything nasty.

Comment

I will say that McAfee was better (smaller program and took longer before I got bit) than Norton. Norton is such a resource hog. Then to get the dang thing off the computer. You have to get it and it's "Ghost" off. What a pain. If McAfee ever lets you down, try AVG. For one, it's free (you can pay, but it just gives you all the bells and whistles, all you get is virus protection with the free), and they put out the updates right when they have them. Pretty much every day, and sometime 2 or 3 times a day. Keeps fresh.
                  Into abyss
                  You don't exist
                  Cannot resist
                  The Judas kiss

Comment

I will say that McAfee was better (smaller program and took longer before I got bit) than Norton. Norton is such a resource hog. Then to get the dang thing off the computer. You have to get it and it's "Ghost" off. What a pain. If McAfee ever lets you down, try AVG. For one, it's free (you can pay, but it just gives you all the bells and whistles, all you get is virus protection with the free), and they put out the updates right when they have them. Pretty much every day, and sometime 2 or 3 times a day. Keeps fresh.
                    Funny you mention that, as I said I got Norton as a trial with this new computer, and didn't like it myself (NO offense Norton), and I actually took the computer back to where I bought it and they removed it totally as I couldn't get rid of it.

The only problem I have ever really had with McAfee, apart from previously red flagging DVDFab, was fixed by changing a setting, if you let them just instal updates when they want to it used to interfere with other things that may be running at the time, especially DVDFab on my old slow computer, so now they advise when there are updates and I instal them when I want to.

Comment

Yeah, with Norton what you have to do is go on thier site and actually download a Norton removal tool. Of course you have to know exactly what type of Norton it is. (version, etc.) Then open it and have it run, took mine about 30 min to remove everything. I couldn't believe how fast my computer was after all that. That's when I decided, I was done with Norton.
                      Into abyss
                      You don't exist
                      Cannot resist
                      The Judas kiss

Comment

Yeah, with Norton what you have to do is go on thier site and actually download a Norton removal tool. Of course you have to know exactly what type of Norton it is. (version, etc.) Then open it and have it run, took mine about 30 min to remove everything. I couldn't believe how fast my computer was after all that. That's when I decided, I was done with Norton.
                        I am very happy now that I took it back to the dealer and got them to remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
                          ROTF

As for protection on the puter ..... Zone Alarm (firewall) and AVG (virus) all the way !!!

Cheers
                          Same here!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X