Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GREAT site, but can be depressing too.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GREAT site, but can be depressing too.....

Don't get me wrong, absolutely LOVE all of DVDFab, and these forums now I have found them, but reading these forums can also be very depressing.

Why is it that some people here get new DVD titles long before, in some cases months before, we people Downunder?

Is there any set sequence to the releases?

Just have noticed on these forums that while I would have expected any new ones would be released in the USA first, this is not even the case?

Because the distribution companies work out how they will make the most money !!!!

BTW: We do get some releases earlier e.g. Star Trek was out here while our north american friends were still waitg for it.

Originally posted by davidh View Post
    Why is it that some people here get new DVD titles long before, in some cases months before, we people Downunder?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

davidh, I was thinking the same thing as GregiBoy when I read your post. You have people on here from Australia talking about GI Joe, Up, and Star Trek and we don't have it here in the states yet. GI Joe comes out here on Tues. Still not sure when the others will come out.
      Into abyss
      You don't exist
      Cannot resist
      The Judas kiss
      Judas lives recite this vow
      I've become your new god now

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        We do get some releases earlier e.g. Star Trek was out here while our north american friends were still waitg for it.
        There are odd times, I mainly only buy the kids ones for our Grandchildren, and some of them people here on the forum are talking about on DVD are still at the movies here in Australia, or just finished, we will maybe get them on DVD for the Christmas holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemiser View Post
          davidh, I was thinking the same thing as GregiBoy when I read your post. You have people on here from Australia talking about GI Joe, Up, and Star Trek and we don't have it here in the states yet. GI Joe comes out here on Tues. Still not sure when the others will come out.
          I may be wrong but as far as I know we don't have Up or GI Joe on DVD in OZ.

Up is one of the ones I am waiting for.

Comment

Nah, I just lumped them into my post as examples. I should have been more specific, sorry.
            Into abyss
            You don't exist
            Cannot resist
            The Judas kiss

Comment

Nah, I just lumped them into my post as examples. I should have been more specific, sorry.
              I know I can rely on several of my 6 Grandchildren to let Granddad know when ''Up'' is available on DVD here.

They always tell me as soon as they see any they like in the shops.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                I know I can rely on several of my 6 Grandchildren to let Granddad know when ''Up'' is available on DVD here.

They always tell me as soon as they see any they like in the shops.
                http://videoeta.com/movie/95974

Great site for knowing US release dates ....

Comment

Just been searching trying to find release dates, there is NO release date even set yet for ''Up''.

Transformers-Revenge of the fallen is 5 Nov.

Tinker Bell 11 Nov.

Santa Buddies 25 Nov.

Ice Age 3 2 Dec.

GI Joe-the rise of cobra 3 Dec.

Comment

Hi davidh, up in Canada Up is coming out on dvd format and bluray Nov 10th. If this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
                      Hi davidh, up in Canada Up is coming out on dvd format and bluray Nov 10th. If this helps.
                      Yes I saw that.

That is zone 1.

Canada, United States; U.S. territories; Bermuda

Sadly have to wait for zone 4.

Mexico, Central and South America; Caribbean; Australia; New Zealand; Oceania

Comment

Have a little patients. I heard Up was really good.

Comment

I heard Up was really good.
                          So have my Grandkids.

That is why they are asking me to buy it already, but I can't.

Comment

Have a little patients.
                            Are you a "pediatrician" .....

I heard Up was really good.
                            Saw it at the show, GREAT family movie, waiting for the DVD, R1 will be released on Nov 10, 2009
                            AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Yeah, my kids asked me to get it also, had to tell them they have to wait till next week.
                              Into abyss
                              You don't exist
                              Cannot resist
                              The Judas kiss

Comment

Working...
                              X