This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why is the audio missing

I only have the trial version and the audio track is not being copied. am I missing something or is it disabled somehow?
    k

re: why is the audio missing

There are a number of reasons this could happen, but more info would be needed.

I know a when I first started backing up my dvd's to mkvs, and tried to play them through my wd hd tv live player (which I'm replacing now), I would get no sound. That was because the player couldn't decode Dolby audio. In that case, the choice was either to a add a dolby receiver b if I ripped to mkv+mp3 using stereo, the sound came through fine.

...but, I think more info is needed. hth.

Comment

I am ripping to iso file to save on the hard drive and it rips to an audio and video file . the video works great the audio file is empty.

Comment

Originally posted by k18w View Post
        I am ripping to iso file to save on the hard drive and it rips to an audio and video file . the video works great the audio file is empty.
        The audio file has been empty for years..
        The audio is included in the video file.
        Play it to see.

Comment

If you mean that the ISO contains a VIDEO_TS directory and an AUDIO_TS directory that is empty, this is normal and is a part of the DVD specifications from eons ago.

It sounds like you need to install some codecs on your PC to correctly play the audio. Download and try AC3 filter.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

did try and thats why I was looking in the file cause i had no audio for 4 tries then i got it to work the 5th time and now i dont know what I did wrong or right.

Comment

I also save to hard drive and dont bother burning them. If I wanted them on disc I would have kept all the ones I sold for lots of cash. again just new to the dvdfab and am tying it out to see if it will work for me before purchase. always a hassle to figure out how to work new software. old dogs... new tricks...
              Last edited by Guest; 12-02-2010, 05:23 PM. Reason: Copyright Laws and Forum Rules

Comment

Working...
              X