Burning a DVD from AVI or different file type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Burning a DVD from AVI or different file type

I copy all of my personal movies to my hard drive, usually in the avi format or a format my PS3 can read. My question is, if i want to burn the avi movie to a dvd and watch on a normal dvd player, how do i do it? My dvd player will not play any file type i have tried. Thanks guys

Originally posted by bigguy07 View Post
    I copy all of my personal movies to my hard drive, usually in the avi format or a format my PS3 can read. My question is, if i want to burn the avi movie to a dvd and watch on a normal dvd player, how do i do it? My dvd player will not play any file type i have tried. Thanks guys

It can be done, but requires different software, as DVDFab cannot do this.

A short time spent with Google should show you the way... search AVI to DVD.

DC

Comment

If you're talking about just burning an AVI to a DVD and playing it with your hardware player, then your player has to be DivX Certified otherwise it won't work.
      If it isn't, just convert the AVI to DVD. I've done this millions of times and is pretty straight forward, but DVDFab does not do this as DarthCopier stated, at least not at the moment anyways. Google "converting 'X' to DVD'. Hehe.
      SPECS
      DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
      SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Working...
      X