Migrating dvdfab to another computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Migrating dvdfab to another computer

I paid and downloaded dvdfab platinum a few years ago to my computer where I used to live with my folks. Now I have my own house and a much better computer. I still used dvd fab at my old residence up until my modem went on the fritz. I can't download any updates to the program. My question is this: How can I move the program to my computer at my house.
    Last edited by clyderbw; 12-08-2010, 09:28 PM.

Download to a Flash drive / thumb drive/memory stick.

If you can post here then you can also download the software.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post

That simple? Isn't there security features to prevent that?

Comment

Originally posted by clyderbw View Post
        Nope.

Comment

Can you elaborate a little?

Comment

Can you elaborate a little?
            About what?

If you are on the internet and able to make a post here then you are also able to download the software.

Not sure what you meant in your post that you were unable to download updates.

Download to a thumb drive --- take it to your PC--- download to your PC-- install the software and activate using your original key.

Comment

You can only run your registered DVDFab on 1 computer at a time or your key will be blacklisted. Other than that knock yourself out.

(Tip: If you plan on selling the old computer make sure you remove all traces of Fab and remove the registry setting that has your personal key info or just re-format the hdd and reinstall windows)

Comment

About what?

If you are on the internet and able to make a post here then you are also able to download the software.

Not sure what you meant in your post that you were unable to download updates.

Download to a thumb drive --- take it to your PC--- download to your PC-- install the software and activate using your original key.
                What I meant is that the program is on an old computer that has a bad modem and therefore I can't download updates to the program. I was just asking if I could move the program to a new, better computer with a working modem.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
                  You can only run your registered DVDFab on 1 computer at a time or your key will be blacklisted. Other than that knock yourself out.

(Tip: If you plan on selling the old computer make sure you remove all traces of Fab and remove the registry setting that has your personal key info or just re-format the hdd and reinstall windows)
                  So how can I move it from one comp to another?

Comment

So you want to keep the old version and install it to the new computer? Go to oldapps.com and D/L the old version there if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
                      So you want to keep the old version and install it to the new computer? Go to oldapps.com and D/L the old version there if that's the case.
                      All I want to do is get the newest version of the program on my new computer. However possible. I don't need it on the old computer since I wasn't able to get updates. Hasn't anyone scrapped an old computer and migrated dvdfab to a new one?

Comment

Hi clyderbw

Here are instructions from mona:
                        1. Please register in DVDFab "Members"http://www.dvdfab.com/member.htm with your registered email address used for your purchase > go to your email to activate your account > back to "Members" to download key. (If you still have trouble activating your account in DVDFab user center, please write to mona@dvdfab.com and provide us your registered email address or order number, then we will help you get through this.)
                        CBR929
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

All I want to do is get the newest version of the program on my new computer. However possible. I don't need it on the old computer since I wasn't able to get updates. Hasn't anyone scrapped an old computer and migrated dvdfab to a new one?
                          To add to CBR's spot on instructions, on this forum's main page near the top is the newest versions, why can't you D/L it from there using your new computer?

Comment

click on this link and download V8056
                            This is being made much more difficult then it needs to be.
                            The instructions in post #2 was all you needed to do.

Comment

click on this link and download V8056
                              This is being made much more difficult then it needs to be.
                              The instructions in post #2 was all you needed to do.

http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm
                              Agreed, but I am not sure if the OP is trying to retrieve their key from their old computer.
                              I'm confused
                              CBR929
                              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X