Regular DVD movie capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regular DVD movie capacity

What's the capacity of a DVD movie that you can buy at the store?

When I try to use DVD Fab even with only the main movie selected and only one audio, it says DVD5 would be 61% quality.

Are the DVD movies sold in stores single side, double layer?

Hi, most new DVD's are DUAL-LAYER single-sided discs,the increased video quality is very noticeable when the original disc is played in the latest DVD players with HDMI output & HD Upscaling, but, of course, when played in a normal DVD Player it will be normal DVD quality,I personally find that when compressing to less than 70% I definitely notice the reduced video output quality on my 40 inch TV. Hope this information helps,

Comment

My DVD burner has DL capability, so I went and bought a 20 pack Verbatim DL for $30 (the best price i could find). It burned at 3.0x (my burner is 6 years old).

But on a DVD5, I would have had 61% quality. I backed up movie only at 6700MB 100% and the result was amazing. Now looking back at another movie I backed up on a DVD5 at 70%, this one looks much better on my 40' screen.

I think DVD9 is the way to go. Although they are still expensive. Where do you buy you DL DVD's?

Comment

Hi fabber
        Give this thread a read through it may help http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=4175
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
        X