Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I change the location of the log file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I change the location of the log file?

Hi, noob so apologise if this is in completely the wrong place, or I've done something wrong...anyway...

I have this small annoying matter to fix - same for both 5 and 8.
    I'm on W7, and everytime I fire up DVDFab, a new folder is created for the Log File at the top level of my Libraries i.e. Libraries/Documents/DVDFab/Log

Now, I see from the DVDFab website's DVDFab Manual>Settings>General page (http://www.dvdfab.com/manual/settings/General) that in General >Output Directory, it tells me I can change the location for this log file along with ISO and Temp files created by DVDFab. I have changed both the output directory and the temporary directory within the General tab in Common Settings within the program to where I want them, and sure enough the Full Disc, Log and Temp folders appear correctly where I stipulated. BUT this hasn't stopped DVDFab creating a new, extra and unwanted DVDFab/Temp folder everytime I fire up either version of the program.

I can delete the folder everytime, but it always gets re-generated as soon as I fire the program up again. I know it's not that big a deal, but it's really annoying.

Any ideas most appreciated.
    KATE MATE

Did you select "Memorize user interface options" in General Settings and as well change the "Directory" located in General-Diagnosis of common settings

Comment

Hi. I hadn't done this...so I did...and it's still creating a new folder everytime in the 'wrong' place...dagnabbit, thought that would work...thanks for the suggestion though. I made the changes, re-started the PC just in case, but to no avail.
      KATE MATE

Comment

Hi Kate,

Not sure if this will fix your problem, but try configuring your settings as shown here:
        Common Settings > General > Diagnosis

Click image for larger version

Name:	logs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	304590
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hi. I tried this but no luck, it still creates the second (empty) Log Folder. It knows there is another Log folder (the one I want it to use) as the program created 2 text files in it when I opened the program (called 'dvdfab_burn_iso' and 'dvdfab_internal').
          Many thanks for your reply though.
          KATE MATE

Comment

Working...
          X