Storage Device Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storage Device Driver

Did Fab recently included a device driver package (storage controller) with an updated version? Windows Vista 32 bit asked permission through the UAC so I allowed it and now my computer seems to be sluggish and hangs a lot, sometimes crashing. Is this driver package part of the Lighning Recording? Is this a legit update? I believe it was from dvdfab.net . I`m thinking of restoring my computer to a previous date if this causes too much inconvenice. Looking for some info guys!!!!

No, this "device driver package (storage controller)" sounds completely bogus.
    DVDFABNET(.)com is a scam site.
    Fengtao used to support DVDFab.net for non-css versions and sales support, but this site no longer exists...at least by Fengtao.

Any other info on this?

I think you're on the right track.
    Firstly, run Malwarebytes and then restore if necessary
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Well, it depends on which one he went to actually. DVDFab(dot)net just takes you to the main DVDFab webpage, but if he went to the other one, DVDFabnet(dot)com, then he might have some trouble ahead.
      SPECS
      DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
      SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Right, DVDFab.net now, will bounce to DVDFab.com, but to my knowledge there is no
        device driver package (storage controller)
        associated with any Fab product.

I know there have been some registration issues related to UAC, but I haven't heard of anything like this.

Who knows, this won't be the first time I've been wrong...

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Yeah, not to my knowledge either. I hate UAC, it's completely pointless. The people that don't know what they're doing are the ones that would need it, but it doesn't matter because most of them will just click "Continue" anyways on anything that pops up, so there's really no point in it being there.
          SPECS
          DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
          SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Correction

Hey guys sorry for the mistake. The file seems to come from DvdFab.com signed by Fengtao when I install the latest Virtual Drive (1.1.1.9). I installed it from a link in the forum. Maybe some file on my system is recognizing a file in the latest version of Virtual Drive as a device driver storage controller thereby asking permission from the UAC. I have traced the driver and found the file in a driver folder in the OS.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know..

It is a rare occurence that someone comes back and admits a mistake.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by kenlucbruce View Post
                Hey guys sorry for the mistake. The file seems to come from DvdFab.com signed by Fengtao when I install the latest Virtual Drive (1.1.1.9). I installed it from a link in the forum. Maybe some file on my system is recognizing a file in the latest version of Virtual Drive as a device driver storage controller thereby asking permission from the UAC. I have traced the driver and found the file in a driver folder in the OS.
                Ah ha...that makes sense and should allay any fears that you and the rest of us may have.
                Thanks for figuring it out and appreciate your post

Comment

Working...
                X