Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The internal updater/upgrader is NOT downloading newer version

Hi all,
    I am fairly new to DVDFab and have the platinum version 8.0.0.5, I have it set to look for new versions automatically and have manually tried the "check now" button several times, it then does nothing. My internet connection is fine and working 100% and it is not a firewall error or behaviour stopping it.

It is a fully registered version, should I try another time or should i try just downloading the newer version from the http site directly??

Any replies much appreciated as I really like to have the latest versions of all my apps whenever possible, thank you.

The option "Check for new version automatically" is simply a notifier.
    It does nothing except notify you.
    Last I knew, this option will only notify you of final release versions and not beta versions. This can be a problem when trying to decrypt new copy protections.

Frankly, I don't bother with it, neither does signals and I believe this can be said for most of the mods and old hands here.
    I'd just check the forum for new releases.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks for your answer, could you possibly let me know if it is just a case upgrading to new version from the main site or is it a complete re-install requiring keys & the whole process etc.. I was hoping that it would recognise an existing install/version and simply update it, is this the case??

Comment

Right, just install any new update, final release or beta, right on top.
        Registration/Activation will be preserved.

No reason to uninstall unless you run into problems and in this case you would have to re-activate the software.
        You can just download an all-in-one-regkey from the Members link on Fengtao's homepage or better yet, keep it safely tucked away.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

once again thanks for your reply, but why is it so damn messy???, there are new options, none of which I want, there are numerous new versions, then there are instructions to get a new key which I dont want, I just want to update the thing, so what the hell do I actually download? and what is Fengtaos homepage?

i have the Platinum version as mentioned above, what is the all in one 'reg key' you mention?

Btw, although the inbuilt notifier is only a notifier, there pops up a window that asks "do you want to download the newer version", when I click on this is doesnt work, as per my OP.
          Perhaps you could just provide me with a link to the correct version so I can upgrade although I am beginning to think of just not bothering

Comment

Once you're established, it shouldn't be messy.
            Any and all modules that you have registered will be downloaded in one fell swoop.

Personally, most folks find it easier to download here on the forum .
            Fengtao will post stickies for new final release versions and for new beta versions right near the top of the forum.

Latest Official Releases

Latest Beta Versions

Keep in mind that older versions are not archived for download.
            Usually the older linkss that are displayed merely take you to the latest version.

Hope this helps

Comment

Sorry, I got distracted...
              When did you last download your regkey(s) and activate Fab
              and which modules have you purchased?

Comment

Working...
              X