This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems With DVD+R Double Layer Copy

I made a back up of a dvd on a TDK +R Double layer disk but my dvd player says the is no disk when it tries to read it. Could someone give me an idea on how to fix this issue. I have a copy of ImgBurn but I don't understand how to use it with DVDFab.

Get verbatim DVD+R double layer media "made in Singapore" as they are the only Double layer media that is recommended to use. As for Imgburn here is a LINK for directions on how to set it up to work with DVDFab

Comment

I ALWAYS used Verbs for DL, but recently tried THESE and I'm very satisfied with the results.

Plus the Falcons are half the price of Verbs. Hopefully they will bring Verbs some competition and bring the price down on there DL line

AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
        I ALWAYS used Verbs for DL, but recently tried THESE and I'm very satisfied with the results.

Plus the Falcons are half the price of Verbs. Hopefully they will bring Verbs some competition and bring the price down on there DL line

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...table#post5764
        Hmmm, finally, maybe a real contender to the +R DL verbies.
        Well, it's about darn time. Wonder who makes 'em?
        I'll have to give these a look.

Thanks for the info Alien.

I'm usually able to pick the verbs up for just over a buck a piece. Sam's Club was the best ...50 pk for about $52,
        but getting tougher to find in the brick & mortar stores.
        These are the MKM 001 MIS. Only drawback is burning at 4 X.
        I do almost all my shopping online anyway.
        Last edited by maineman; 11-04-2009, 01:04 PM.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

You're quite welcome maineman, I hope you get some good results as I have.

If you do any printing on the discs, the White ones have an outstanding surface for color printing. Myself, all my backups are Sharpie's, Ultra Fine Point .....

PS: Lowest prices I've ever gotten on Verb's was about a buck fifty !!!
          AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Myself, all my backups are Sharpie's, Ultra Fine Point .....
            Hahaha...same here...hard to beat the ultra fine point sharpies!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
              Hmmm, finally, maybe a real contender to the +R DL verbies.
              Well, it's about darn time. Wonder who makes 'em?
              According to the media code they are Ricoh (RICOHJPN D01). DigitalFAQ.com puts Ricoh at the top of the second-class media list. At that price and rating they may be worth a try when I run out of Verbatims.
              Life is too short to drink bad wine . . .

Comment

Originally posted by kelson View Post
                According to the media code they are Ricoh (RICOHJPN D01). DigitalFAQ.com puts Ricoh at the top of the second-class media list. At that price and rating they may be worth a try when I run out of Verbatims.
                Okey dokey,

Thanks for the info.
                I used D00's way back when DL burning was still in it's infancy.
                Took some heat at cdf for using 'em, but they were less than 1/2 the price of the verbs and they burned pretty darn good. I finally posted a scan and one of the mods came back and said, "ok, I believe you, that's a pretty decent scan".
                Got 'em from newegg as I recall.
                Then things turned bad and all I could find were RICOHJPN D01...now they really were crappy.
                Last edited by maineman; 01-27-2010, 04:12 PM. Reason: mistakenly reversed the MIDs

Comment

Mine are .....

MID: RICOHJPN-D01-67
                  Made in: U.A.E.
                  Sold as: Falcon Media Pro +R 8x Dual Layer White Inkjet Hub Printable (SuperMediaStore)

Purchased because of the reviews HERE

EDIT: I'm not a Scan FREAK like some (I review other folks scans), if they burn without making coasters (NOT one SO far) and they play well, no jitter/studder ... I'm good with that, burned approx 25, mix between Xbox360/movies backups and they play very well, no jitter/studder ... best is the price .... drive them Verbs down in price !!!

FYI: busad never came back ? ? ? Didn't mean to hijack the thread discussing Falcon DL ....
                  Last edited by AlienX69; 11-05-2009, 06:28 PM.
                  AX

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty much all set with scans too. I've done them here and there, but honestly can't remember the last time.

I just watch 'em...lol... and they play great.
                    I only use YUDEN 000 T02 and a couple of verbie MIDs.

Gonna try those Facons though...

Comment

Yep I use nothing ELSE but YUDEN's for SL ..... TYG02's

I have noticed the quality drop though in TY's, I go play some of my ole backup pre 2004, those were some nice discs, nice rounded edges, they feel heftier, heavier ..... more solid ... the new ones just feel thinner/lighter ..... guess I could weigh them to check .....
                      AX

Comment

Mine are .....

MID: RICOHJPN-D01-67
                        Made in: U.A.E.
                        Sold as: Falcon Media Pro +R 8x Dual Layer White Inkjet Hub Printable (SuperMediaStore)

Purchased because of the reviews HERE

EDIT: I'm not a Scan FREAK like some (I review other folks scans), if they burn without making coasters (NOT one SO far) and they play well, no jitter/studder ... I'm good with that, burned approx 25, mix between Xbox360/movies backups and they play very well, no jitter/studder ... best is the price .... drive them Verbs down in price !!!
                        A good PC burner will burn and verify a lot of sub-standard media. The issue with cheap media is lack of longevity. Just because you can burn a sub-standard disk without errors doesn't mean you'll be able to play it in a year. When I first started burning movies back in 2004 I bought a small spindle of Memorex DVD-R (I was young and foolish back then). My LG burner burned the whole stack perfectly without any verify errors. Six months later about half of them would no longer play in my DVD players and by a year they were all "dead". My LG burner was able to read them so I could recopy them to T-Y media.
                        Life is too short to drink bad wine . . .

Comment

Well I agree Memorex is garbage ..... but we are talking two different animals too. SL vs DL, most of the other DL stuff is garbage as they make a lot of coasters, NOT one coaster with Falcon's

Only time will tell regarding the longevity of the dye, but some good reviews per the LINK .... if they go bad I will have to re-extract, re-edit, re-burn ..... oh well ...

But I'm willing to try these a try !!
                          AX

Comment

Working...
                          X