Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie question - fastest copy?

Hi

I am trying to transfer DVD movies from disc to HDD and/or USB stick as I travel with a small netbook with no optical drive.

For this reason, file size isnt crucial (presumably it wont be any larger than the original DVD!) but the time to transfer is.

I have experimented with DVDFab but whatever I use it seems to take a long time - often as much as the original length of the movie. Is this normal?

What would be tyhe best (fastest) settings to use.

Of course is a 1hr movie takes 50 minutes to rip to my HDD with no conversion/compression but can be reduced in size by 50% with an increase in ripping time to 1hr then its worth doing that anyway which leads to the question what are the best compromise settings for speed vs file size and time to process?

Thanks in anticipation

Ripping a standard DVD from the source disk to a hard drive should take from 8 to 20 minutes depending on the movie.

Can you post your logs?
    Have you checked the PIO DMA setting on your drive?

Comment

when you say 'ripping' you clearly have an idea of ripping "to" something! What?

ie the menu for ripping gives me a LOT of choices of format etc. What should I be choosing - VOB files?

Currently 'in process' on another DVD so cant post files at moment

G

Comment

Working...
      X