Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Creating DVD Menu

Hey everyone. Longtime. Hello admin.

Have a question for anyone willing to give a couple of minutes. I have made a back up copy of a movie with dvdfab and saved it onto my hard drive. I was messing with my new laptop and was trying the dvd maker in windows 7. Turns out you can't make a dvd unless it's in an avi format. can you re create a dvd with the vts file format, with a dvd menu.

thanks rip

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
    Hey everyone. Longtime. Hello admin.

Have a question for anyone willing to give a couple of minutes. I have made a back up copy of a movie with dvdfab and saved it onto my hard drive. I was messing with my new laptop and was trying the dvd maker in windows 7. Turns out you can't make a dvd unless it's in an avi format. can you re create a dvd with the vts file format, with a dvd menu.

thanks rip

This DVD Maker you're fiddlin' with in Win7, is this a MS product?

Is the .avi format you mentioned a requirement of the program to make a DVD? (I find this a little strange, as if the program is a MS product, I would have expected the requirement to be a .wmv/.wma format for conversion to a DVD format).

Menus are certainly a possibility, but you'll need an authoring program to put it all together... this DVD Maker should be able to do this... is there anything in the Help files that explains how?

Or does the DVD you make with this program only play on your computer?

DC

P.S. If you've already backed up a DVD with Fab, no further conversion is necessary - it's already in DVD format (with original menus if you kept them doing the back up)... all that's missing is the burn operation...
    Last edited by DarthCopier; 01-03-2011, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
      This DVD Maker you're fiddlin' with in Win7, is this a MS product?

Is the .avi format you mentioned a requirement of the program to make a DVD? (I find this a little strange, as if the program is a MS product, I would have expected the requirement to be a .wmv/.wma format for conversion to a DVD format).

Menus are certainly a possibility, but you'll need an authoring program to put it all together... this DVD Maker should be able to do this... is there anything in the Help files that explains how?

Or does the DVD you make with this program only play on your computer?

DC

P.S. If you've already backed up a DVD with Fab, no further conversion is necessary - it's already in DVD format (with original menus if you kept them doing the back up)... all that's missing is the burn operation...
      Thanks Darth for the input. Problem is this is a Safety training video for work. Have been working with my new boss to assemble one Dvd with all three yearly safety reviews on one dvd for the other plants.

Comment

Sorry, forget to add the rest. DVD Maker can make movies. which you can save on your pc and It does recognizes one of the vts files but doesn't recognize the other 2. Strange. I've got an old copy of nero 7 and I'll see if that doe the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
          Sorry, forget to add the rest. DVD Maker can make movies. which you can save on your pc and It does recognizes one of the vts files but doesn't recognize the other 2. Strange. I've got an old copy of nero 7 and I'll see if that doe the trick.

OR, you could try a program called ConvertXToDVD by VSO (same people that did the default burn engine for Fab).

It'll take whatever files you throw at it and convert them to MPEG2 format, give you nice title and menu effects, and write to a blank DVD a fully compliant, play in any set-top player or computer, finished product.

You could even use each year's safety files as a separate title, and set them up to play alone or altogether.

Is this what DVD Maker does?

DC

Comment

DeVeDe is the name of a really nice free software (Google it) that I have had a lot of success with. I have used it many times to create ISO files (which can then be burned onto a blank DVD). This program will take most file types you throw at it and make ISO files out of them. Custom clickable / scrollable menus can easily be created as well. Just thought I would mention it. It worked for me.
            To give you an idea, here's a little 'Menu Options' tutorial:

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
              OR, you could try a program called ConvertXToDVD by VSO (same people that did the default burn engine for Fab).

It'll take whatever files you throw at it and convert them to MPEG2 format, give you nice title and menu effects, and write to a blank DVD a fully compliant, play in any set-top player or computer, finished product.

You could even use each year's safety files as a separate title, and set them up to play alone or altogether.

Is this what DVD Maker does?

DC

Thanks Darth for your input. I will have a look at it and get back to you. DVD Maker does this but compresses too much. Also because the safety videos were in a vts file format. DVD maker seperated them when trying to open it up as a new project. So I used fab 5 to convert to an avi file format and then load it into dvd maker. Stillmglitchy DVD maker didn't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveDVDFab View Post
                DeVeDe is the name of a really nice free software (Google it) that I have had a lot of success with. I have used it many times to create ISO files (which can then be burned onto a blank DVD). This program will take most file types you throw at it and make ISO files out of them. Custom clickable / scrollable menus can easily be created as well. Just thought I would mention it. It worked for me.
                To give you an idea, here's a little 'Menu Options' tutorial:
                http://www.majorsilence.com/node/66
                Thanks LoveDVDFAB. I will look into this, cheap is good free is better. I have a funny thing my scrroge approved boss will like free, but who knows.

Comment

Working...
                X