External Blu-Ray burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External Blu-Ray burner

What is the best External Blu-Ray burner can you get for window 7 ?

I have the Asus external burner but it's not that fast. I like though.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyboy714 View Post
      What is the best External Blu-Ray burner can you get for window 7 ?

The phrase 'The Best' is a question begging phrase.

Do you mean 'The best' in terms of:

1.) The speed it pulls data from the source disk? (oops!... sorry - that's a function of your bus speed - most drives can pull data faster than your computer can take it in...)

2.) The quality of the data retrieved? (oops - again - that's the venue of the software doing the collection...)

3.) The life expectancy of the drive? (all the drive manufacturers get their drive components from the same component manufacturers - the guaranteed components cost a little more - which is why the big brand name drives do - and also why there are cheapies out there that cost less - but fail more... make up your own mind there knowing how deep your pockets are...)

Or do you have another definition for 'The Best'??

P.S. Since you're asking about an external drive, I'm going to assume (correctly or not), that you want to do this on a lappy (Lap-Top)... never a good idea, especially the older ones, as there is no cooling system to speak of - the worst enemy of anything made up of components...

DC

Comment

NOT for lap-top. New and fast computer and I have deep pockets

Comment

I learned that the hard drive really does effect the speed of dvdfab at least for mine so far on my laptop that is.

Comment

Getting this one. what do you think?

LG External 12x Super Multi Blue Lightscribe Blu-Ray Rewriter BE12LU30

Comment

Working...
            X