Question about ripping for iPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about ripping for iPad

New user and not very tech literate, so apologies beforehand. I did try to do my homework and used the search forum function, but found no answer.

My problem: I am using DVDfab to rip DVDs for use on my iPad. I have had mixed results.

Thus far, I have been successful in ripping blu-ray or regular DVDs and transferring them to my iPad.

However:

1. The first time I did it, the rip produced one large file with no chapter delineations. When I transferred to iPad, I couldnt skip forward by chapter because there were no chapters. This was true for both blu-ray and standard DVD.

2. I explored the setting a bit and saw an option that said "No Split" or "Split by Chapter." I assumed this was the problem so I re-ripped using "Split by Chapter." The result was 36 individual files, one of each chapter. when transferred to the iPad, they showed up as 36 different movies.

I just want to rip a DVD, have it appear as one file, and have it contain the chapters so that when I transfer to the iPad, I can go back or skip forward.

Apologies again, but an answer that would be most helpful would be one that basically tells me exactly what boxes to check and such. Very basic instructions would be great.

Thanks everyone.

None coz it ain't working.....
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      None coz it ain't working.....
      Could you be a little more specific?

Comment

l also have an iPAD, and I wanted chapter markers also.

Now, I'm using [other software], it's completely FREE, and there is a version for Windows. I don't remember where I downloaded it from.

[instructions removed]

It works fine. It's a temporary fix for now.
        Last edited by Complication; 03-19-2011, 02:20 AM. Reason: forum policies

Comment

Yes, Unfortunately Fab does not have the ability. It has been subject of many requests over the years to no avail, especially also in MKV's....

Your option is as listed above with FREEWARE..

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Could you be a little more specific?
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X