Help PLEASE......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help PLEASE......

I need a little help with a basic thing, cannot see the answer here anywhere, could someone PLEASE help me, THANK YOU.

I have been using DVD Fab for many years now, full paid for version, just DVD to DVD, and have thankfully not had any serious problems with it, however I normally just copy actual DVDs to DVDs.

Am now trying to copy a DVD that is a file on my computer, works fine, but I am trying to make an actual DVD copy of it, and I just cannot work out how to?

It is obviously possible (I think) but I just cannot work out the necessary settings or whatever to copy from these files instead of just (as usual) inserting an actual DVD???????????

THANK YOU....................

If it is saved to a folder in standard DVD structure you can use the "Write Data" function. If it is a single file you'll need something else to do what you want.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you.

However I cannot see where this ''write data'' function is ???

Comment

Look here.....
        Attached Files

Comment

Okay, found that now, I have never needed to use that before.

Still can NOT get it to work, will try again later.

THANK YOU both for your help.

Comment

Thanks for bailing me out Gruñón I was letting my OS update and sidetracked.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              Thanks for bailing me out Gruñón I was letting my OS update and sidetracked.
              Your welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                Okay, found that now, I have never needed to use that before.

Still can NOT get it to work, will try again later.

THANK YOU both for your help.
                Write Data mode will not further process the files.
                For eg., it will not auto compress to dvd5 (if selected) like the other modes.

I'm guessing that the file size has exceeded whatever your dvd5 file size is.
                Depending on your settings, you'll either have to ramp the file size up to 4472 MB or re-rip to compress to a usable size for SL media.
                For the latter, just select the hdd files as Source and be certain you have dvd5 selected as output
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Okay, again thanks for the help, no wonder I am confused and cannot get it to work.

Comment

I have been trying all this time and just can NOT work out how to use a DVD file/folder as the source instead of just inserting a DVD????????????

Can someone PLEASE help.

THANKS.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                      I have been trying all this time and just can NOT work out how to use a DVD file/folder as the source instead of just inserting a DVD????????????

Can someone PLEASE help.

THANKS.
                      If you will look at DVDFab Source: If you are used to doing DVD to DVD whis selection is normally occupied by your DVD Drive, when their is not a media DVD in the drive this area is blank. Look to the right side straight across from the source you will see a folder icon, select this icon.

Then manually select the location of the DVD's folder on your hard drive. Once the folder is selected DVDFab will read the file and give you the file information.

Next select the target destination, the DVD Burner that has your blank media. Once you select your burner you will need to set the quality: DVD5 or DVD9.

The final process is to select start and the burn process will begin.

Comment

Thank you both.

However I just tried all that, still nothing???

The DVD that the file is of IS quite long (big), but I also tried another couple of smaller ones and just nothing will even start.

I did some of these okay, very slow to do but do work, just with Windows DVD Maker, but this DVD is too long for that, so am trying to do it via DVD Fab.

Comment

Use ImgBurn in Build mode or use the write files/folders to disc option if no compression needed for DVD5 but if in DVD9 size ImgBurn will not compress

Comment

Again, thank you for your help.

However I have now again tried DVD Fab 8, and I even tried DVD Fab 6 too, have downloaded and tried that imgburn, all without luck.

I think I will leave it for now, I can watch the DVD (movie) on my computer, I was just trying to make a DVD of it for someone else.

Comment

Working...
                            X