No announcement yet.

New look of the Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, another old fart thinks that it is a POS also.

But I've bought my sunglasses as I don't think it'll change.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
      Does anyone remember the flood of complaints about the monkey icon when he first appeared on the software?
      The complaints fell on deaf ears and the monkey is still here.
      I like the monkey icon.

Comment

Well I will be the first to say it "I like the new look for the forum" and have no idea why no one like it as all of you was using the DVDFab forum when it was on CDFreaks and it looked similar to this.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          Well I will be the first to say it "I like the new look for the forum" and have no idea why no one like it as all of you was using the DVDFab forum when it was on CDFreaks and it looked similar to this.
          Well, I for one, didn't like the "new look" on cdf either....I guess that was '08, but I'm not sure.
          When they first instituted the change, users could select which format they preferred, but that option didn't last...
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
            Well, I for one, didn't like the "new look" on cdf either....I guess that was '08, but I'm not sure.
            When they first instituted the change, users could select which format they preferred, but that option didn't last...
            I still use the old look for CDFreaks and you can still select it in your CP page and the DVDFab forum looks very similar to the old CDF look Before they changed to the Awful look they have now.

All you do is go to control panel -edit options and scroll down to the forum skins to change the look to what you want for over on CDF
            Last edited by AGJ; 01-14-2011, 05:24 AM.

Comment

I rarely visit and don't stay...usually I'm there just to jog the old memory.
              I'm have no doubt that what you say is accurate, but they did do away with the option back in '08 (? or '07) when the old look, apparently was new.
              I recall Bob complaining about the inability to switch.

I didn't realize they changed it yet again.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Maybe a forum skin can be implemented here to let member choose the look they want to have when they visit the forum. Not sure what is needed to achieve that but maybe possible and then member can use old look or new look

Comment

And here I had hoped that the CSS file got trashed and it would be fixed soon.

Help! I've been transported back to 1985.

Comment

Ok so I checked and there is a forum skin that can be selected for the DVDFab forum since it seems a majority of this forum members not like the new look.

So to go back to old forum look you need to click your user name next to welcome top right of forum page. Then you click user CP top left and then to the left of that page you click Edit Options and then scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and under Forum Skin you select dvdfab-v6 and then save.

Once that done everytime you acces this forum you will use the old forum style instead of the new style. check out the attachments to see how to revert back to old forum style
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks AGJ....

Sunglasses are now off !!!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                        Thanks AGJ....

Sunglasses are now off !!!
                        AGJ I also want to thank you, and am with GregiBoy sunglasses are off and I do not feel like I am being Interrogated any more...
                        CBR929
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I just realized you can skip the user name part and instead click the User CP at top left of forum page. Forgot that was there as I never use it that often. It nice when forums give you option to select previous forum looks. CDF gives you option to select 4 different looks if I remember correctly

Comment

Thanks a lot AGJ
                            Ant

Comment

Thanks AGJ, so much less scrolling now because I get to use my entire screen.

Comment

Works great as long as you're logged in, thanks AGJ

Comment

Working...
                                X