This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can burn six Mighty Boosh dvd's but not7th

I have burned 1,3,4,5,6,7 dvds of Mighty Boosh sp ed DVD collection and they all played on DVD players so were successful burns. Disc 2 scanned but hung up in the copy phase, I knew i was in trouble when the time for task went to 24+ hours.. Have tried many times and followed FAQ, I reset DMA, disabled pathplayer, UNticked read-ahead cache setting and TICKED ignore all reading errors. I have Win XP sp2, FabDVD 6.1.2.5, NEC burner is latest firmware update per FAQ, and used verbs dvd dl. Why is it hanging on only one disc when all others scan, copy,burn and play perfectly? help..

Dirty disk or bad pressing?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'll try to clean the disc, but what is "bad pressing" how do I do tHAT?

Comment

A bad pressing is a manufacturing fault and the only way to fix it is to get the disk replaced.

Another thing to try is if Pathplayer is on, turn it off. If it is off, turn it on. Don't forget to return it to the default ON, when finished.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

If you are talking about the initial mfg of the disc, it still plays in my dvd player.

Comment

Ripping is more demanding than playing. Will it play properly in a software player on your PC?

Comment

yes it plays fine on Windows Medis player which makes me think my dvd writer/player works good. I appreciate your help. This is a confusing problem. Any other thoughts??

I've also gone both ways with the Pathplayer and did not seem to make a diff.
              Last edited by mistyandebony; 11-08-2009, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Download and install VSO Inspector Then do a surface scan on the original DVD. If you get any read errors then it a bad pressed DVD and will not copy

Comment

Just some additional comments re: surface scans done with VSO Inspector or Nero CD-DVD Speed.

When scanning encrypted discs, after inserting the disc in your drive, you will first need to start the disc playing with a software player such as VLC, PowerDVD, etc.
                  Once the disc is started, you can stop the player or even exit it, but do not eject the disc.

Now you can scan the encrypted disc.

Alternatively, you can run an on-the-fly-decrypter in the background. With this method, you can avoid having to start playing the encrypted disc
                  Last edited by maineman; 11-08-2009, 04:21 PM.
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks guys, you're great. Yes the Disc has ALOT of bad sectors per VSO. I'll return and get replacement.

Can DVDFab copy if there are only a few bad sectors? Or does 1 bad sector make the copy impossible? Is there a way to skip copying one bad sector and does it make a difference? Thanks again...

Amazon will replace the set for me as long as I return the original set.

Comment

Having trouble backing up GI Joe. Chapters seem to be out of order

Comment

Originally posted by Georgena View Post
                        Having trouble backing up GI Joe. Chapters seem to be out of order
                        Please do not hijack another member's thread.
                        If you'd like help with a problem, please do a quick search of the problem and if necessary, start your own thread.

This movie has been discussed in multiple threads.
                        Here you go:

Having Trouble with New Movie G.I. JOE THE RISE OF COBRA
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                        X