Cannot get dvdfab 6,7 or 8 to open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot get dvdfab 6,7 or 8 to open

I just upgraded my pc to a six core, installed windows XP pro (just because I have some hardware that will not work with Win 7,) Anyway DVDfab 5 will open no problem but 6,7 OR 8 will not open, its got me stumped. if I go to properties and tell dvdfab to open in 256 color it will, I am running a EVGA Nvidia geforce 470 video card,but all my other programs run fine.
    any HELP or IDEAS ??

Hi, compxcopy

1. Please turn off Anti virus program to retry.
    2. Please reinstall graphics driver to retry.

Thanks.

Comment

Will not open.

Please read my post (http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=10817). Same issue and mine will run in safe mode or if I start in 256 color mode. But the screen is a mess in that mode!

Comment

Thanks for your thread link

After reading your thread I have come to the conclusion that I am just going to completly format my system again and put nothing on it (at first) except windows and dvdfab.
        Funny thing I am running my second computer right beside me with all the same software that I have on this one and it runs dvdfab fine, the ONLY difference between the two computers is that its got a AMD Quad core instead of my 6 core and I am running EVGA nvidia geforce 460 on the one that works and EVGA nvidia Geforce 470 on the one that doesnt.

My conclusion is this Some how I think my registry got messed up, dont know what caused it but something screwed with it that just wont let any newer versions of DVDFAB to open. I will post again after the format.

Comment

Be sure you don't have any drive(s) assigned to A: or B: this won't play on some systems.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Read my post have tried that with drives. Have reformated and didn't help still only run in safe mode or 256 color mode. But if I put the 4 core CPU back in it works????

Comment

I didn't read your linked post mem, I was actually responding to the OP. I guess I should have stated as much.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Sorry wasn't trying to hi jack his post just trying to help and see if we can get same resolve being the same issue.

Comment

CPU

Then the problem is leaning towards the CPU, I have never had a problem getting any DVDFAB to work, and I have been using them for a while then this. I have not formatted yet havent had time. but I have a feeling its the CPU. We will see.
                  I dont have drive A OR B assigned to anything I am running 5 harddrives but I had 4 of them unplugged when I formatted the first time just until I had loaded all my software. Besides I am running 5 hdds in the other computer also (Quad core) with no problem. I dont even run an antivirus. (for me its a waste of money.) That all being said if it is the CPU then wonder why?
                  Remember I am running the same hardware on both pcs except for the CPU and video.
                  Last edited by compxcopy; 01-25-2011, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Hey MEM

Just curious what vversion of windows are you running?
                    I am doing all this with win XP Pro SP3, I can try it with WIN 7 64 just to see if I have to.

Comment

XP pro service pack 3. Well after 3 weeks I got mine working last night again. Went into properties of the icon under compatibility, unchecked all but checked turn off text services and checked disable visual themes and it is now loading.

Comment

Your the man

Hey thanks a million, you just saved me so much work, you just dont know.
                        It worked like a charm, I did have to run the compatabilty wizard but after that it took right off.
                        If you have any PC problems in the future dont hesitate to ask me, I will try all I can to return the favor.
                        Again Thanks................

Comment

cpu

I'm pretty sure it is the cpu, I 2 exact systems except one is running a 6 core AMD and the other a 4 core, the 6 core system had no trouble running dvdfab when it was a 4 core, I took the cpu out to put in the new tower for the old lady and stuck the 6 core in mine and then it stopped working. BUT if I tell winxp pro SP3 to run dvdfab in win 98 compatibility mode it will run again with the 6 core.

Comment

Working...
                          X