Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to restart every time

Hi. I'm using dvdfab 8.0.6.1.
    All I am trying to do is to copy the dvd to the hard drive.
    To start with, for the first month, it works fine.
    Then, it tells me that the DVD Copy option is expired. No problem, I never use that. But then, it asks me to chose a burning software, and when I press ok, it presents me with a complex interface. I chose the default. But then it tells me I have to restart the program. When I do this, it works ok, and copies the dvd to the hard drive. But when I do another dvd, I go through this whole rigmarole again, and have to terminate the program and start again with this new dvd.

I can live with this, if this is the best the program can do, but the previous version had no such problem. Dvd fab 6 and 7 told me the same story, that the DVD Copy option is expired, but then used a very neat little program to do the writing to disk. I don't remember the program, and now it has gone - I had to do a complete reinstall of windows.

Please can someone tell me how to get the neat little program to work again without a hassle each time dvdfab has done its miraculous work of decoding etc.

Thanks in advance.

Hi triplemaya,

Please copy the movie to your hard drive, then install imgburn (free burning software) to burn the dvd folder to blank media.

You can find imgburn at http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Regards,

mona

Comment

You need to change the setting to DVD9 as the free version does not compress the Video or burn to blank DVD. So that may be your problem since your trial is over you no longer able to compress the video to DVD5. Check out the attachments to know what setting to have selected
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your reply, though that's not the problem, I use DVD9 anyway.

Turns out all I had to do was install imgburn. That was the 'nice little program'. Earlier versions of dvdfab must have installed it with the original install of dvdfab, I think. All seems ok now.

Comment

Originally posted by triplemaya View Post
          Thanks for your reply, though that's not the problem, I use DVD9 anyway.

Turns out all I had to do was install imgburn. That was the 'nice little program'. Earlier versions of dvdfab must have installed it with the original install of dvdfab, I think. All seems ok now.
          DVDFab has never at anytime ever installed Imgburn.
          It has always been a manual install.

It would be nice tho if they would replace the VSO burn engine with Imgburn.

Comment

But was there a button in the dvdfab interface which you could press to install imgburn? I have no recollection of going to the net to find imgburn and installing it.

Comment

Originally posted by triplemaya View Post
              But was there a button in the dvdfab interface which you could press to install imgburn? I have no recollection of going to the net to find imgburn and installing it.
              Nope, sorry, there has never been an installer package for Img integrated with Fab.
              In Common Settings you can select Img as Fab's default burn engine, but it has to have been installed previously.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks for letting me know.

Love the software.

Comment

Working...
                X