This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems in Win 7 64-bit??

Hi, is anyone else having problems operating DVDFab 6.1.2.5 in a Windows 7 64-bit environment? Anytime I try to copy a DVD, it fails and I get Error=100. I tried changing the burning engine to Nero (which is installed on my computer), but it says it couldn't initialize it. I also tried changing to Imgburn, but I can't find Imgburn.exe on my computer. DVDFab worked fine in Windows XP (32-bit), but I'm not going back now. I've tried to burn discs on both of my drives (NEC ND-3550A, and an LG CH08LS10), but I get the same error on both. When I use Nero Recode, I have no problem copying the same DVDs. All I can assume is that either Win 7 or the 64-bit environment (or both) are screwing something up in DVDFab. I'd rather use DVDFab than Recode for many reasons. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get DVDFab working, please let me know. Thanks!

Re: Problems in Win 7 64-bit

I am running 6.1.2.5 in Win7 64-bit and it worked fine "out of the box". However, I had just installed Windows 7 and hadn't upgraded DVDFab. This was a totally clean install of both Windows and DVDFab.
    Did you do an upgrade at all??

Comment

Hi MarkNJP and welcome,

My experience is the same as agentsmudge.
      I'm having smooth sailing, but this is a new build, new install of Win7 64-bit, Fab, etc., etc.

Just a point of clarification...you stated you're having trouble copying (ie., ripping) a disc but you're actually having difficulty burning...correct?
      Stated another way, do the ripped files play ok when viewed from the hdd?

If yes, this is almost assuredly a problem with VSO.
      You can't find Img? Did you upgrade from XP 32-bit to Win7 64-bit?

At this point, I'd re-download and re-install Img.
      When running Fab, check to be certain you have I/O mode configured as SPTI.
      I don't have any idea how you have your ODDs configured in your bios, but if the SPTI setting fails with Fab, try AUTO and also try ASPI
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

No problems on Win 7 Pro x64 for me.

Comment

From what I have read you can not upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 and it even says it right on the front of the Windows 7 box. I thought I would mention this just in case that is what was done but I am running windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and have no issues using DVDFab

Comment

Thanks for all your replies. To answer the implied questions: the Win 7 and DVDFab installs are both "clean" -- not upgrades.

@maineman
            - You're correct, the problem is with burning not copying. I verified copying to HDD works fine, as does playing from HDD, as does encoding from HDD.
            - Yes, I used to have Win XP 32-bit, and now have Win 7 64-bit. Again, not an upgrade.
            - I did install Imgburn. Didn't matter . . . still get the error when using it. Tried Nero, too, but again didn't work.
            - I/O was set to Auto, so I tried SPTI. Didn't help. Then tried ASPI. Still didn't help. I'm not real clear on how to address your comment on how my ODDs are configured in my bios. I looked at my bios, and saw a couple of things that stated ASPI is enabled, but it wasn't a configuration of my ODDs (as near as I can tell anyway). The only bios configuration I could make regarding my ODDs was in making them part of the boot sequence which shouldn't make any difference to what we're talking about here. In any case, setting I/O to ASPI in DVDFab didn't help.

I discovered something else in my troubleshooting: the problem only happens when using DVD to DVD Full Disc mode. When burning in Main Movie mode, it worked fine! Now I'm really confused.

Also, in an attempt to be clearer about what happens: In DVD to DVD Full Disc mode, after I select the movie I want to burn to disc and the drive I want to use to burn the disc, I click "Start." It then detects the writable media in the drive, then, after finding it, immediately (to my eyes anyway) shows "Task_1 failed! Error=100" and then next line one second later "Process Failed!" and then a pop-up notification window also stating "Process Failed!" The disc isn't burned, and when I use Nero Recode, I'm able to burn the same movie to the same disc on the same drive as I unable to do with DVDFab.

Hope this sparks some idea on how to fix this. Thanks again!

Comment

This is pretty bizarre.
              Good to hear that this is a clean install and not an upgrade.

To recap, Fab works fine with all 3 burn engines in some of the modes anyway...like Main Movie mode...correct?

It consistently fails in Full Disc mode...correct?

With respect to Full Disc mode...are you burning to DL media consistently?...does the process fail with SL media too?

Can you try Customize mode and select all the titles (virtually the same as Full Disc, but you will have to select all titles manually).
              Does this fail also?

When you encounter the Task_1 failed! Error=100, the blank discs are completely blank and still able to be used?

I doubt that there's anything at all on your burn logs, but please take a look.
              In addition, could you post the following info from the failures:
              dvdfab_process.log...
              dvdfab_internal.log...
              Also, please post 1-2 successful burns from your nero logs
              and 1 successful burn from VSO and 1 from Img.

Could you also open Img as a standalone app (not in Fab) navigate to the VIDEO_TS FOLDER and in build mode, create an .ISO file and then attempt to burn it with Img.
              The burn log here will be a lot of help...I think...lol

Sorry, I know this is a lot of info.
              Last edited by maineman; 11-10-2009, 03:24 PM.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I had the same problem albeit Win 7 (32bit). I was running DVDFab on my XP with no problems. Did a completely fresh install of Windows 7 and managed to write a dvd using Fab with no problems.
                It was after I messed about with my power settings within Windows 7 that the error occurred so I decided to see what the difference was and it was a simple solution for me. In GPU accleration the enable button was switched off. I put the tick in the box to enable GPU acceleration and bingo it works again.

Also if you had trouble installing the correct video card drivers and it is using standard VGA that could be your problem. You will have to find a Win 7 compatible driver and force Windows 7 to install it.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by black_arab View Post
                  I had the same problem albeit Win 7 (32bit). I was running DVDFab on my XP with no problems. Did a completely fresh install of Windows 7 and managed to write a dvd using Fab with no problems.
                  It was after I messed about with my power settings within Windows 7 that the error occurred so I decided to see what the difference was and it was a simple solution for me. In GPU accleration the enable button was switched off. I put the tick in the box to enable GPU acceleration and bingo it works again.

Also if you had trouble installing the correct video card drivers and it is using standard VGA that could be your problem. You will have to find a Win 7 compatible driver and force Windows 7 to install it.

Hope this helps.
                  Well ignore that as it was obviously just a fluke. I tried to burn another disk just after and I got the error 100 again. Tried disabling and enabling the Gpu acceleration and it still wont start the burn.
                  Sorry if I got your hopes up and I hope this can be sorted soon as I love both DVD Fab and Win 7.

**Update**
                  I have been able to burn several different disks but one in particular, I'm still having problems with. I am rebuilding it with IFOedit to see if it will then write after. Maybe my problem was with the original files. I will post my results asap.
                  Last edited by black_arab; 12-09-2009, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I am trying to make a back up of a TV series and disk 1 is no problem but what I have found with disk 2 is very strange. I can not burn the dvd folder but I can burn the .iso file of the same disk.
                    I ripped the disk originally with dvdfab platinum so i guess something went wrong during that process.

Comment

Originally posted by black_arab View Post
                      I am trying to make a back up of a TV series and disk 1 is no problem but what I have found with disk 2 is very strange. I can not burn the dvd folder but I can burn the .iso file of the same disk.
                      I ripped the disk originally with dvdfab platinum so i guess something went wrong during that process.
                      Are you using the latest version of DVDFab final 6205 or beta 6210? DVDFab Platinum is outdated and no longer updated.
                      If you mentioned already what version you're using I must have looked over it.
                      Try disabling Pathplayer or enable if that doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
                        Are you using the latest version of DVDFab final 6205 or beta 6210? DVDFab Platinum is outdated and no longer updated.
                        If you mentioned already what version you're using I must have looked over it.
                        Try disabling Pathplayer or enable if that doesn't work.
                        I did a fresh install of both Windows 7 Ultimate and DVDFab 6205. It seems a strange problem that a few people are getting with error 100.

Comment

Working...
                        X