still issues with 8073

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still issues with 8073

I followed all the directions to uninstall, install it and go in as admin. but it still will not open. i even tried to turn off firewall and anti-virus and load it again and it still will not open at all. I am using beta version now from Jan 21 and it is running perfect, so I guess I will just wait and see if the next fix will take care of the errors on 8073.

you are not alone

kshduckman I have the same problem and had to go back.

is another thread were we are talking

Comment

Originally posted by kshduckman1170 View Post
      I followed all the directions to uninstall, install it and go in as admin. but it still will not open. i even tried to turn off firewall and anti-virus and load it again and it still will not open at all. I am using beta version now from Jan 21 and it is running perfect, so I guess I will just wait and see if the next fix will take care of the errors on 8073.
      The only time you have to install as admin is if you are making changes to C drive, which would be installing to C. What errors are you receiving and its either some how you got a bad copy of .7.3 or something is not right on your end!! There are no installing errors with Fab as a few had issues running the software with other stuff running! Your post says you are running beta version of what???
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

issues with 8073

im running vista 64 and i installed trial of this to make sure it was the software i wanted. apon installation the version will not run, even the first launch it says "dvdfab is the all in one software package for copying bluray/dvd and converting video files. has stop working "
        i can get 8086 to work but it will not burn on a single layer dvd-r disk, ask for a dual layer disk each time.

Comment

Hi kazander
          If you are using the trial and it has expired you will no longer be able to compress or burn.
          Make sure on the main screen that you choose the DVD5 option and also in settings you have it set for 4472 or below for DVD5 size.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

hey
            i understand the trial limits but the program isn't even opening, i click it and i get the error i stated above, something funny to go with all this. i ran a ccleaner uninstaller to remove 8073 and got the error then as well
            Last edited by kazander; 02-14-2011, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ
              Could be your Anti-virus causing the problem.
              I also agree with AGJ, it also may be your User Account Controls
              Did you install the installer as Administrator??
              Instead of clicking run click save then open the folder and right click and install the program as administrator, you may also right click on the Fab icon on your desktop and click Run as Administrator also.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

ok accounts control been off for as long as ive had vista. i tried as admin didnt work, so i used msconfig to turn off anti virus, restarted and then nothing would work wouldnt even open, i msconfig the antivirus back on logged and it seems to be working now, and honestly no idea what i did to make it so. im burning an old movie ive had for a while to test.

Comment

Originally posted by kazander View Post
                  ok accounts control been off for as long as ive had vista. i tried as admin didnt work, so i used msconfig to turn off anti virus, restarted and then nothing would work wouldnt even open, i msconfig the antivirus back on logged and it seems to be working now, and honestly no idea what i did to make it so. im burning an old movie ive had for a while to test.
                  Glad it is doing something for you now

On older movies you may have to disable path player Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click Disable Path Player click OK restart Fab and try again, just remember to set it back to Always Enabled.
                  CBR929

Comment

I have the same problem. This is the first version that would not run.

Comment

Still nothing

I have tried to install it many times using every way I have seen on any previous threads and it still does not work (open) I tried as admin and turning off firewall and anti-virus..etc..etc..etc.. and still nothing. No updated verrsion yet but I will still wait to see if the next update helps. I am using 8072 with no issues at all so will continue until something else comes along............never had this much problem downloading a new version

Comment

Hi kshduckman1170,

Please install DVDFab 8.0.7.3 at overwriting your V8072beta to see if you can run 8073 correctly.

Comment

I just downloaded that version and it has started up, now lets see how it works. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Still not working

I tried the link you sent and same result. I use the latest Norton anti-virus, Windows 7 64 bit. I turned it all off and tried it and it would not open, tried starting up as admin like previous posting said and it just sits there for 10 seconds and does not open at all.....so it seems to download the version but will not open up no matter what I do....so same issue as always. I just restored back to 8072 and that works great....not sure what else I can do. i have followed all directions of previous post.

Thanks

Comment

A sidenote

I also took another look at my quarantine and it says Downlaod insight detected launch of dvdfab 8072 access allowed...so it is working and getting by the anti-virus and again seems to scan like normal but it will not open up....

Comment

Working...
                              X