ImgBurn-setting's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ImgBurn-setting's

I've been using dvdfab and Imgburn for years now, but I'm having a problem with the filler buffer setting! I'm using V-2.5.5.0, I keep trying to set the buffer from 40mb to about 350-385mb, but can't get it to stay where I set it! Keep's going back to 40mb's! Went to Imgburn site(forum) and tryed to figure this out, but still having trouble! I set the buffer setting to 385mb and then click ok! Then when I burn the backup, it show's filler buffer at 40mb's! Go back to settings and check and it's set on 385mb's, when I go back to burn it goes back to 40mb's, how can I get it to stay at 385mb's! I even tryed to set the buffer in the I/O section and that screws everything up, so I changed all that back! (I/O settings), but in the build section, page 2, buffer setting, it's set at 385, if I change anything else it works(changes)!, but not the buffer, goes back to 40mb's, didn't do that in V-2.5.4.0! Can't figure this out! Any help would be appreacited very much!

Hi 8855A
    Have you tried changing it and then restarting your computer to see if it sticks???
    Just checked mine and in mode build second page mine is set to 384 and it works.
    Did you also put a check in box in the I/O buffer setting

CBR929
    Last edited by CBR929; 02-17-2011, 03:40 AM. Reason: text
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Imgburn setting's

Hey CBR929, I've opened Imgburn setting's set the buffer, then click OK! Then do I need to close Imgburn and shut down my pc and then start pc back up again, or should I leave Imgburn open, then shut down pc and restart?What setting do you mean in the I/O section?
      Last edited by 8855A; 02-17-2011, 03:47 AM. Reason: Question?

Comment

Hi 8855A

Shut down ImgBurn and then restart computer.
        I have 384 set in both places in my settings and it sticks.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Imgburn setting's

When you say 384 in both places, do you mean build page2, and in the I/O section there is where I don't know what to set!, but do you mean the top of page where you can set the buffer, there's also main buffer and device buffer!, and what box do I need to check in this section?

Comment

See my pic

Did you also click OK on the bottom of the ImgBurn page???
            Attached Files

Comment

Imgburn setting's

I've done what your picture shows, but on page one, do I need to check the box in the I/O at the bottom of the page which says- READ always use I/O buffer! Is this right?(FILE I/O) I checked that box!
              Last edited by 8855A; 02-17-2011, 04:15 AM. Reason: understanding

Comment

I can not go to my settings right now as I am burnig a movie
                I know I should not be multi tasking
                I opened up another instance of ImgBurn and I do not have a check mark there

CBR929
                Last edited by CBR929; 02-17-2011, 04:17 AM. Reason: text

Comment

Imgburn setting's

Thanks CBR929, I'm going to try this and I will return with results!

Comment

How much RAM do you have in that computer and how much of it is free - you should be able to see the numbers in the ImgBurn log. Like this example.

I 05:29:47 Total Physical Memory: 4*193*460 KB - Available: 1*907*548 KB

Comment

Imgburn setting's

CBR929, GUMMI, I set both buffers and restarted pc and tryed to burn a backup! This what poped up frist- Virtual failed! Reason: not enough storage is available to process this command, then I click the ok button, Then this poped up- Failed to intialise FIFO buffer(403,701,760 bytes) This is an old pc with 1GB of ram and one processor! Dell gtx 260!

Comment

Imgburn setting's

CBR929, GUMMI, thanks both of you very much! I just backed off on the buffers a little and now I'm getting a straight burn with out the burn stopping and having to wait to catch up and start buring again! Learned alot today and I really appreciate your time and effort!

Comment

With only 1GB in RAM it looks as the program realizes that your available RAM is not enough to be set to ~350MB and resets it to the default value.

Comment

Working...
                          X