This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't load DVDFab HD Decrypter anymore

I've used DVDFab HD Decrypter for several years but it recently stopped working correctly. I can no longer access it. No matter what I try, I get DVDFab loaded instead. Even if I uninstall the older version and download the latest version from , all I can get or access is DVDFab. There used to be a bar to click at startup of the software to access DVDFab HD Decrypter, but it disappeared. How do I access and load DVDFab HD Decrypter?

do not understand the post! have you used up your 30 day trial of DVDFab? If you have then you are using the DVDFab HD Decryptor as that is the free version. If you have the paid version installed on computer and want to use the free version on same computer then that is not possible

I would also like to add that DVDFab HD Decryptor and DVDFab are the same program but once you enter your paid for key the extra options are unlocked for you.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      do not understand the post! have you used up your 30 day trial of DVDFab? If you have then you are using the DVDFab HD Decryptor as that is the free version. If you have the paid version installed on computer and want to use the free version on same computer then that is not possible

I would also like to add that DVDFab HD Decryptor and DVDFab are the same program but once you enter your paid for key the extra options are unlocked for you.
      I suppose that I used up the 30 day free trial period long ago, but can't find any specific data in that regard on my computer. Where is that information stored?

If I uninstall then reinstall the software, at first it says that I have a free trial period. But after I rip a movie, it immediately says my trial period has expired. So apparently I don't have a trial period anymore.

Never do I see the words "DVDFab HD Decrypter" anywhere in the software anymore, except in the table at startup. The words "DVDFab" always appear in the titlebar at top now. That used so say "DVDFab HD Decrypter" there. Very confusing to an old timer user.

I'm also getting this strange new message, then the software refuses to work anymore:
      Code:
      To open this DVD disc, you need buy or renew DVDFab "DVD to DVD", or you can wait for a new version of DVDFab HD Decrypter. (OK)
      Again, that's very frustrating because there's no explanations in the software. For example I ripped "The Ugly Truth" movie OK in full disc mode, but then it refused to rip the main movie and became inoperative. Clicking the Start button did nothing. That makes no sense to me, unless there's a bug.

The software has become a royal pain to try to use recently. Previously it was easy and pretty much automatic.

Comment

so trial is over which means you can no longer burn DVD to DVD. You can only save DVD to Hard drive and then use DVD Shrink to compress and ImgBurn to burn to DVD. As for it not working on some movies that could be because of the new restriction fengtao has added to the free version past 30 day trial. Read this link to find out what it is

Unfortuneately the computer I use I can not have the free edition installed on it as I have the paid version already installed. If I install on my other computer I would have to wait 30 days before I can help more with the free version. so if you need more help would have to wait till someone who has and uses the free version to help with this
        Last edited by AGJ; 11-11-2009, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          so trial is over which means you can no longer burn DVD to DVD. You can only save DVD to Hard drive and then use DVD Shrink to compress and ImgBurn to burn to DVD. As for it not working on some movies that could be because of the new restriction fengtao has added to the free version past 30 day trial. Read this link to find out what it is

Unfortuneately the computer I use I can not have the free edition installed on it as I have the paid version already installed. If I install on my other computer I would have to wait 30 days before I can help more with the free version. so if you need more help would have to wait till someone who has and uses the free version to help with this
          I've never burnt DVD to DVD! I've never wanted to burn DVD to DVD! That's their idea, not mine! For several years using the software, I've always ripped to hard drive then use DVD Shrink to edit (I seldom compress anything) and then ImgBurn to burn to DVD. So this "DVD to DVD" thing is a recent, unwanted quirk of the software as far as I'm concerned. It's fine with me if they offer it, but I'm not interested. I only want to rip to hard drive with protections removed, then I'll use other software thereafter for editing, burning, playing, etc.

I understand now about the new restrictions they've put on free ripping of recent movies that have had their protection algorithms added to the DVDFab software recently. The software refuses to work. Clicking Start (etc) goes nowhere. It becomes inactive, dead in the water. Useless. A waste of my and everyone's time. Total frustration, because there's no explanation of that in the software or prompts. How are we supposed to know that's what happening in a particular instance unless they say so with a prompt or error message? Nevertheless... it still doesn't make sense that it would rip "The Ugly One" full disc (for example), then refuses to rip the main movie - which is what happens to me. Why would it rip one but not the other? Of course by that point it has already become crippled-ware, and must be uninstalled/reinstalled.

If you want to try, I've read elsewhere (a different forum) that you can install DVDFab trial and use it once on a new computer, then set the computer's date ahead 31+ days to get the free version immediately. But it doesn't work for me. I tried that, but still can't get it to say DVDFab HD Decrypter anywhere. It still says DVDFab in the titlebar, and doesn't work right thereafter (must be uninstalled/reinstalled).

So, how does the software know the 30 day trial period is expired? When it's first uninstalled then reinstalled, it doesn't know. At that point it says the DVD to DVD option is active. But after using the software once, it becomes inactive crippled-ware. Where is that information stored? They must be putting it in a secret location on my computer. Where? How? It's not in the usual locations in the registry associated with the DVDFab key or data names, because I've tried deleting all of those. It must be like a "secret cookie" somewhere, an invasion of privacy.

Comment

QUOTE] it still doesn't make sense that it would rip "The Ugly One" full disc (for example), then refuses to rip the main movie - which is what happens to me. Why would it rip one but not the other?[/QUOTE]
            You stated you used the program for several years now so the trial period is over and the main movie option is part of the paid program only and the 30 day trial which is obviously expired in your case. If the program simply will not start even for older movies then that may be a bug and I'm sure Fengtao will look into it, but as he stated in his sticky you'll have to wait 30-60 days for the newer protections to become available. I'm in the same boat as AGJ and cannot test it on my computer.
            So, how does the software know the 30 day trial period is expired? When it's first uninstalled then reinstalled, it doesn't know. At that point it says the DVD to DVD option is active. But after using the software once, it becomes inactive crippled-ware. Where is that information stored? They must be putting it in a secret location on my computer. Where? How? It's not in the usual locations in the registry associated with the DVDFab key or data names, because I've tried deleting all of those. It must be like a "secret cookie" somewhere, an invasion of privacy.
            Thats a secret and revealing that would give everyone repeated 30 day trials and as far as an invasion of privacy, you agreed to it when you first installed the software.

Comment

Goto dvdfab.com and spend the money and get the paid version. Then all your troubles will disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
                Goto dvdfab.com and spend the money and get the paid version. Then all your troubles will disappear.
                Never! It's much too expensive. Also, why would I buy buggy software? It's crippled-ware, unreliable, pure junk after the recent changes.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyBob View Post
                  Never! It's much too expensive. Also, why would I buy buggy software? It's crippled-ware, unreliable, pure junk after the recent changes.
                  If you feel that way just uninstall it and don't use it anymore.
                  "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

I see your point. But it only cost me $75 dollars canadian. But it also sounds to me that you are steamed because the updates are not free anymore.

Comment

Thanks Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
                        QUOTE] it still doesn't make sense that it would rip "The Ugly One" full disc (for example), then refuses to rip the main movie - which is what happens to me. Why would it rip one but not the other?
                        You stated you used the program for several years now so the trial period is over and the main movie option is part of the paid program only and the 30 day trial which is obviously expired in your case. If the program simply will not start even for older movies then that may be a bug and I'm sure Fengtao will look into it, but as he stated in his sticky you'll have to wait 30-60 days for the newer protections to become available. I'm in the same boat as AGJ and cannot test it on my computer.

Thats a secret and revealing that would give everyone repeated 30 day trials and as far as an invasion of privacy, you agreed to it when you first installed the software.[/QUOTE]

Well, I see you're going to defend it regardless. Yes, there must be a bug because it doesn't work right anymore.

So, do you know the secret? I never agreed and never will agree to putting any secret data (spyware) on my computer! Also, why do they modify DEP without notice or permission during the installation? I think their credibility is low and they need to be investigated by some spyware experts. I'm not an expert in that area, but may put the question to them.

As for waiting 30-60 days, baloney! I'll just quit using their totally worthless crippled-ware and go elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                          If you feel that way just uninstall it and don't use it anymore.
                          I probably will.

Comment

You've had ample opportunity to vent and to reply to the feedback you've received.
                            This thread has run its course.
                            It is now closed
                            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                            X