Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License/Key Running DVDFAB Copy on 2 PC's ?

Hello there,

Having more than 350 DVD's I want to digitize (as full disc ISO files), and with approx. 45-60 min. per DVD, it will take between 32 and 44 days, if I use 8 hours a day and one PC. Being able to run the program on 2 PC's simultaneously, would literally halve the days it takes.

However I read somewhere that installing my copy of DVDFAB Copy on 2 PC's at the same time is allowed, as long as the program is not running on both PC at the same time. There would be a risk of having the IP number "blacklisted".

Now I bought a lifetime version of DVDFAB COPY as I do expect to be ripping every DVD I get in the future as well, and it is means I have to buy an extra license for a year or 2, to be able to get the that task of digitizing my present collection of DVD's done quicker than in 1-2 month, so be it. I have no problem with that.

But I would like to know what this "Blacklisting of IP address" means. For DVDFAB to be able to "find out" whether or not I am using my legal copy on 2 Pc's at the same time, it means the program must be reporting runtime information back to DVDFAB.COM, whenever I start it op or run it. That is interesting and I would like to know which information the program is sending.

I have a fairly secure local network, and my firewall (hardware) is blocking not just incoming traffic, but also outgoing traffic, where on certain internal IP addresses are allowed access to certain ports, and where all ports in general are also closed until I specifically opens them, when the firewall log tells me a program or workstation is trying to access the outside world through one of the closed ports. I have not seen any requests recently so either DVDFAB are using one of the open ports or are not sending at all.

I could of course close my firewall totally and then check if the program would run at all and if it does, look for blocked packets in my firewall.

Now, I am not trying to cheat anyone. I bought a legal copy and I will be paying for additional licenses if and when I need them, but I do not like to find that I can only use the program on an internet connected PC and that the program sends records to the outside world with information about when I use the program, without having been informed about the behavior, without knowing about it and without being able to refuse any such information transfer.

So please let me know what is right and what is wrong here ?

Discussion of exactly how blacklisting occurs is not appropriate for the public forums.

You might be interested in . I use up to 3 drives on the same PC without major issue.

Comment

It not your IP address that gets Blacklisted it your Registration key that gets Blacklisted. You can run multiple instances of DVDFab on same computer so if you have more than one DVD Drive like Complication said you can back up more than one DVD at time. Also on you 2nd PC if you never installed DVDFab on it before you can still install the 30 day free trial and use that as well

Comment

Blacklisted

What info is being sent? I really don't like the idea that software on my computer is sending any kind of info to anyone without my knowing about it.
        So what happens if someone is blacklisted anyway? Can't reregister or what?

Thanks,
        Mike

Comment

Again, this discussion is not appropriate for public forums.

Comment

Working...
          X