Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost and almost out of time...

My situation...

I am deploying to Afghanistan very soon, I have hundreds of movies ripped with DVDFAB to my laptop. I am putting them on a portable hard drive 1T and know I am going to run out of space.

I have some movies that I have gotten from friends that were already in digits, they are about 700MB or so per movie. The movies that I personally ripped from my home collection are averaging 3Gig. How can I shrink these so I don't run out of space?

I am ripping main movie to AVI, taking out subtitles, 5.1 sound if available, and using 9 instead of 5 for the 100% quality. I am no computer expert, but I am good with directions. If anyone has the time will you PLEASE give me some guidance on how to fix this space issue?

Thanks in advance for any help that is rendered. Thank you DVDFAB for a great product.

Sincerely, Jackwagon

Are you using DVD ripper or DVD copy Jackwagon?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I am using copy.

Gives me main file, then in sub folders I get AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS.

Should I be using the DVD Ripper instead of copier? If this is solution to my problem how should I shrink all my other movies?

Comment

First thank you for your service to America. I will pray for your safe return as I do for all serving in harm's way.

Yeah, use ripper and select one of the profiles and check the picture I've attached. I like DivX avi when I use an avi.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 90312; 02-28-2011, 04:04 AM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks a lot, will give it a shot now. If I have anymore questions I will be back for sure!

Thanks again for your prayers and quick response.

Comment

I'll be around. You'll find DiviX under the "Generic" header. Subtitles will either be on all the time if you render them to the video or not at all. There is a third party program that can make them selectable if you want that. You will end up with a single file and won't have the chapter selection but you will save a ton of space.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X