• Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab: How can i set Single Layer instead of Dual

I upgraded from
    DVDFAB Platinum
    to
    DVDFAB 6.1.2.5

I am not knowledgeable about the dual layer thing. I only have single layer blank DVD's apparently.

Is there a way i can burn the entire DVD without needing a dual layer DVD.. Like my old DVDFAB program?

Click on the green ? at the top of the screen and set the default to DVD5 instead of DVD9/

Also at the bottom of the screen you can use the drop down box to change from DVD9 to DVD5

Comment

I saw that option.. That wont affect the quality of the picture will it?

Comment

Originally posted by OJKillsPeople View Post
        I upgraded from
        DVDFAB Platinum
        to
        DVDFAB 6.1.2.5

I am not knowledgeable about the dual layer thing. I only have single layer blank DVD's apparently.

Is there a way i can burn the entire DVD without needing a dual layer DVD.. Like my old DVDFAB program?
        Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
        Click on the green ? at the top of the screen and set the default to DVD5 instead of DVD9/

Also at the bottom of the screen you can use the drop down box to change from DVD9 to DVD5
        I saw that option.. That wont affect the quality of the picture will it?
        The first Quote above you asked if you can burn entire DVD so you can use a Single layer DVD and not Double Layer DVD. compressing a DVD to fit on a smaller DVD you will lose quality and if you do not want to lose too much quality then do Main Movie only

Comment

It will if the DVD you are ripping is larger than DVD5 as it has to be compressed.

You can use "Main Movie" to cut out all the extras and maintain the main movie at the best quality.

I wouldn't go below 80% quality which shows next to the DVD5/9 pulldown on the main window.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            The first Quote above you asked if you can burn entire DVD so you can use a Single layer DVD and not Double Layer DVD. compressing a DVD to fit on a smaller DVD you will lose quality and if you do not want to lose too much quality then do Main Movie only
            I guess I'm just confused because the DVDFAB Platinum burned the entire disc on a single layer DVD.. now that i upgraded to a different DVDFAB.. I guess i want the exact same feature.. I dont want the quality to be worse than it was on the Platinum version..

Comment

It works exactly the same as Platinum which did exactly the same thing, depending on what size your source DVD was and what size your target blank was.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I guess I'm just confused because the DVDFAB Platinum burned the entire disc on a single layer DVD.. now that i upgraded to a different DVDFAB.. I guess i want the exact same feature.. I dont want the quality to be worse than it was on the Platinum version..
                I had platinum lifetime as well and what GregiBoy said in the quote below needs nothing more said
                Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                It works exactly the same as Platinum which did exactly the same thing, depending on what size your source DVD was and what size your target blank was.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                  I had platinum lifetime as well and what GregiBoy said in the quote below needs nothing more said
                  Alright guys.. Thanks for the help.. Glad to be a member on here with so many helpful mates..

Appreciate it

Comment

Well hope we answered everything for you and just because a new version has been released does not mean the compression engine has been changed and if it was they would post it in the change log when a new update has been released.

Enjoy the program and forum

Comment

Working...
                    X