This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem With 6.2.0.5

I downloaded and installed 6.2.0.5 today.

Now when I try to use HD Decrypter I get the message:

To open this DVD disk you need to buy or renew DVDFab "DVD TO DVD", or you can wait for a new version of DVDFab HD Decrypter.
    Has something changed?

Yes read this IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING DVDFab HD Decrypter

Comment

Short version: 'We want money."

Understandable I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by DKeith2011 View Post
        Short version: 'We want money."

Understandable I suppose.
        most who use the 30 day free trial will buy after the 30 days is up but the ones who want it free will keep using the free version. Fengtao just decided to put a delay on the free version for the new copy protection so that if someone using the free version wants to do the movie right away then they will have to buy the program or wait 30 to 60 days for the update to it. Also DVDFab is the only free DVD program that is still updated and available to use and costs money to maintain and release these updates

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          most who use the 30 day free trial will buy after the 30 days is up but the ones who want it free will keep using the free version. Fengtao just decided to put a delay on the free version for the new copy protection so that if someone using the free version wants to do the movie right away then they will have to buy the program or wait 30 to 60 days for the update to it. Also DVDFab is the only free DVD program that is still updated and available to use and costs money to maintain and release these updates
          My biggest problem with buying DVDFab is that you really don't buy it, you subscribe to it.

$50 for the initial buy is fine but $50 every year is a bit much in my opinion. If the yearly renewal was more like $10-$20 I'd be much more willing to buy the full version even if I don't use most of it.

And just for clarity, I don't use any part of DVDFab other than HD Decrypter.

Comment

The renewal fee isn't that much I'm pretty sure.

Comment

Well then it not matter having to wait 30 to 60 days for it to be updated to handle the copy protection for new movies then

Comment

W&B is correct.
                You can actually purchase 1,2,3,4 year, or a lifetime license.
                Prices on DVD to DVD for eg., range from about $50-$75.
                The renewal "subscription" fee is pretty nominal...about $5-$6 as near as I can recall
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

If not mistaken I think the renewal fee is $10 or less but can't say for sure, maybe someone who has a yearly sub will chime in.

Edit: Thanks Maineman, I never renewed my yearly sub when I first purchased, after lifetime subs was offered again I just purchased that within the 1st hour it was offered. I remember thinking I'm not gonna miss that train again LOL

Comment

OK, sorry just looked it up, 1 year renewal fees range from $3-$10 depending on the app

Here's a link re: prices:

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
                      ...I never renewed my yearly sub when I first purchased, after lifetime subs was offered again I just purchased that within the 1st hour it was offered. I remember thinking I'm not gonna miss that train again LOL
                      Yeah, I'm one of the lucky ones...bought Platinum back in the days of Fab 2.x...been grandfathered in ever since.
                      Good thing too, at my age, I'd never catch that train...

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                        OK, sorry just looked it up, 1 year renewal fees range from $3-$10 depending on the app

Here's a link re: prices:

http://www.dvdfab.net/pricelist.htm
                        How is it possible, for there to be a renewal fee for the lifetime option?
                        The list shows a renewal fee for this option.
                        "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

Yes, I can see where this would be confusing.

I understand this to mean upgrading from a previously purchased, limited license to a lifetime license.
                          Stated another way, you would not have to re-purchase the app at the first-time, lifetime fee, but rather at a discounted, lifetime, renewal fee.
                          But once you're lifetime...that's it, you're lifetime

That's my best guess anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                            Yes, I can see where this would be confusing.

I understand this to mean upgrading from a previously purchased, limited license to a lifetime license.
                            Stated another way, you would not have to re-purchase the app at the first-time, lifetime fee, but rather at a discounted, lifetime, renewal fee.
                            But once you're lifetime...that's it, you're lifetime

That's my best guess anyway.
                            Understood
                            "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

I am confused, I thought DVDFab was 1 product? Are there 2 products that we need to buy? What do people mean by free HD Decrytor vs Decrytor? Doesn't DVDFab come with everything needed to copy DVD's? Why are people using DVDFab v6205 not able to copy Transformers 2 especially since using the latest version of DVDFab v6205???

I want to suggest to Fengtao to simply the product? Simply put what ever is need into DVDFab, incorporate DVD Decrytor or whatever it's called right into the 1 product DVDFab.

Fengtao I love your product, I want to help, here is a suggestion, just remember to keep the product simple for us simple users...we simply want to copy whatever dvd we want, period (transformers2). We just want to copy a dvd, no more need for other products added etc... We simply want to copy a dvd...no confussions, no frustations...I think this speaks for most of us simple users.

Fengtao,Thanks, keep up the great work.
                              Last edited by rr76012; 11-21-2009, 03:32 PM. Reason: added the number "1"

Comment

Working...
                              X