This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renewal fees's and renewing DVD Fab v6

Hey guys. Just a couple of questions with regards to DVD fab registration. I have a DVD to DVD Lifetime registered version.
    I paid for my version in july 2008. With the new changes.....

1. Do I need a renewal fee?

2. Do I need to apply for another registration key for next year or for the next version? i.e version 7.0.0.0?

I have read a couple of post I see May- June 08 seems to be the cut off. I have not recieved any emails on a renewal fee required. Just need to clearify

thanks in advance RIP

Hi rip.
    Yeah, this really gets confusing. My understanding is that once you have a lifetime license for an app, that's it, you're all set for the life of the product
    (not for the life of the user as some ppl. maintain...lol).

Now, this includes major upgrades and not simple updates.
    Say going from Fab 6.x to Fab 7.x...you would NOT need to purchase anything.

However, I suspect you will have to obtain a new regkey to unlock any new major upgrade, say in this case for Fab 7.x when it becomes available.

You're correct about the lifetime cutoff back in May '08, but since then, Fengtao has made lifetime licenses and lifetime renewals available again.
    As long as you purchased a lifetime license from DVDFabcom (actually purchased on DVDFab.net), Fengtao will honor it
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks maineman I appreciate the post. That makes alot of sense. Your right it is a little confusing. Ever since Fengtao changed to the new way of doing the updates, being a good for us, it has really created an air of confusion. I still think licenced users should have a seperate area in this sight. It would make finding info alot easier.

thanks Maineman. (I wish it was for the life of the user...lol)

Comment

Working...
      X