iOS 4.3 scrubbing error after dvd ripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iOS 4.3 scrubbing error after dvd ripping

After upgrading to iOS 4.3 I'm experiencing a bug where scrubbing (skipping forward or back) puts the movie into "eternal pause". I'm posting this on this forum because it seems that stuff ripped with older copies of DVDfab seem to work ok but most stuff ripped recently (last few months??) doesn't.

I'm sure this is a bug in iOS 4.3 but I was wondering if anyone else:

1) Is seeing this
    2) Has a work-around for it

Note I have two devices one running 4.2 and one running 4.3 and the same ripped move works on the 4.2 but not on the 4.3.

No problem on iPad. If the movies play on OS4.2 but not 4.3 what would make you think it's a DVDFab problem?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

iOS 4.3 scrubbing error after dvd ripping Reply to Thread

Oh, I'm convinced it's not a DVDfab issue - but the workaround may be available within DVDfab. The key part is that I noticed that m4v's that were ripped with older versions of DVDfab seem to work fine on iOS 4.3.

Comment

That’s bizarre, must be some weird combination of the two. I gave my iPod to my granddaughter when I got the iPad. Try the iPad profile, it’s a waste of time and space but I wonder if it will play.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

So, I did some testing and even though I still think it's iOS 4.3 that is the culprit I figured out what the thing it's barfing on. I decided to re-rip the movie I was having issues with. This time I used the plain "iPhone" profile in fab rather than the iPhone4 profile. This does two things: 1) it changes the audio from Dolby Prologic II to 5.1 Multichannel and 2) It changes the resolution from 480x320 to 720x404.

The "iPhone" profile plays perfectly on ion 4.3. I then changes the audio first then the video resolution. The culprit seems to be the video resolution not being handled properly by iOS 4.3.

Comment

Working...
          X