This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fab and Internet Access

Why does FAB keep wanting to acess the internet when I have check for updates turned off and I am not doing a BR movie just regulat movies. Thanks in advance
    Paid Not To Work
    US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
    Proudly Served On
    USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
    6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Boy I haven't seen this asked in awhile.
    I suspect it's still related to VSO phoning home burn data (nothing personal for sure). Ultimately, it's used to tweak and improve their products.

If it's worrisome, just disable access via your firewall.

Are you using VSO?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks for starting a new thread on this, I was thinking about it, Yes Tom I am using the VSO burn engine as it has never given me trouble, I do have it disabled in my firewall, the firewall keeps telling me it's trying to gain acess but was blocked. I was just wondering about this because it never happened before, I'll have to look at the setting so it don't tell me anymore I guess, thanks for the info Tom
      Paid Not To Work
      US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
      Proudly Served On
      USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
      6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Working...
      X