PC cannot see my drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC cannot see my drive

I have to reboot computer each time I do a movie. After the reboot it will work one time again. The computer just looses the drive. It does the same with each version and update.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-13-2011, 05:25 PM. Reason: Changed title from "all"

Hi books2u2,

Please right click DVDFab8.exe on desktop to specifically amend it to "run as administrator" on Windows7 or Vista system, then copy DVDs to see the result.
    Last edited by sunny; 03-14-2011, 02:48 AM.

Comment

dropped drive

I'm running XP SP3. Didn't seem to do anything trying that.

Comment

Sounds like a driver conflict...your basic I/O error. Something's hijacking your drive(s)
        Usual suspects are other burning software, particularly packet-writing software such as Nero InCD.
        Other burn software like Roxio and Sonic frequently cause problems.

You should clean out the registry after deleting the offending software/driver. CCleaner is a solid candidate for this.

The simplest method here may be to run a registry patch.
        This patch is safe and effective....created for XP, but will work on Vista and Win7 also.

cdgone.zip

If you'd like a link, here you go:

Scroll down to Restore Missing CD Drive (cdgone)

Comment

problem copying again

I have a problem copying another movie after making a copy. Have no problem making the first copy. I finish the first one and try to do another one and it won't reconize the new movie disk. I can't get other programs to recognize the disk either. I reboot the computer and I can make a copy of one more movie. Rebooting seems to be the only way the drive will reconize anything in the drive. I have updated the program many times. I'm running Win XP sp3. Don't recall having this problem in the beginning. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Two threads on same subject merged.
            Keep all post on this subject on one thread.

Comment

Working...
            X