Weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weirdness

Ok, 8085 is working great but I now have a weird problem/question. It is taking 4 times longer then it used to backing up a dvd. It used to take about 20-25 at the most and now I am trying my second dvd and it is taking 90 minutes and the one I just did took 1 hour 40 minutes. Is there some settings problem I need to change or is that just the way it is going to be with the newest version. Just curious.....

Thanks

Reset your DMA????

Originally posted by kshduckman1170 View Post
    Ok, 8085 is working great but I now have a weird problem/question. It is taking 4 times longer then it used to backing up a dvd. It used to take about 20-25 at the most and now I am trying my second dvd and it is taking 90 minutes and the one I just did took 1 hour 40 minutes. Is there some settings problem I need to change or is that just the way it is going to be with the newest version. Just curious.....

Thanks
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I reset the DMA, still pretty slow. Should I change the write speed from recommended? Or any other ideas...

thx

Comment

See post http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12207.

Comment

Yeah, not really sure what your saying in that post....sorry

It still is taking like 90 minutes to back up a copy. It works just takes forever. Anyone else run into that yet?

I am on my third back up and the first 2 took over 90 minutes each.....instead of the normal 20 or so.

Comment

While the disk is burning open the task manager, if in DMA mode the CPU will idle, if in PIO only mode the CPU will be loaded to the max. One sure way to know. Forgot to add, click the performance tab.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Ummm ok....don't call me stupid here. I put the dvd in....it is backing up as we speak...I try to open the green check mark box in the upper corner, that is the task manager your referring too right? Cause it will not open while the back up is in progress. So I understand what your saying after that point but opening the task manager has me confused.... ???

At this point it is more annoying then anything because I could back up like 5 dvd's in the time it is taking to do 1 right now, but hey at least it is working

Comment

No, right click on the task bar in Windows and select task manager then the performance tab. Wait until the disk is burning if compression is going on during the rip there will be CPU activity, but should not during the burn.

Albert Einstein

Comment

The CPU Usage is at 100%...memory varies between 920 and 925 or so MB...physical memory is 90%.......

Comment

You are for sure in PIO mode, you need to change to DMA mode. Device manager, set the controller to DMA if available for both primary and secondary.

Albert Einstein

Comment

So resetting the DMA within dvdfab is not enough??

Comment

Ok, so walk me through that step if more then just resetting DMA under dvdfab...

Thanks

Comment

Hi kshduckman1170
                          You can also check your drives mode by going into device manager IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers click IDE controllers advanced settings and check for DMA, if they are IDE, but make sure you check both of your IDE channels.
                          For Sata in the same folder IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers Serial ATA controllers click the port that has your drive on it, and also check your DMA status.

If you can post your most current burn logs they may also tell us if it is in PIO mode.
                          CBR929
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Control panel
                            System
                            Device manager
                            Ide ata/atapi controllers

Sometimes you have to do it this way.

Albert Einstein

Comment

His CPU is 100% during a burn, he is in PIO mode.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X