Backup movies no longer play through anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank Media Backup movies no longer play through anymore

All of the movies I backed up 3-4-5 years ago suddenly skip now but played perfect the first time I watched them. I wondering if anyone else has experienced this as well. I put paper labels on the disc maybe the adhesive has had an effect overtime? I'm frustrated..

This can be a problem with cheapo media, the dye just don't hold up over time. First thing I would do is run to wal~mart and buy a cleaner disk and clean the player's laser. I think the kind with the little brushes work best.
    Last edited by 90312; 03-25-2011, 12:05 AM.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Agree with 90312 100%.
      Also, I'd skip the paper labels from now on; it doesn't take much to increase disc wobble, thus interfering with the laser's ability to focus.
      This doesn't sound like your problem though.

I don't burn much these days since moving to a media player, but sharpies always worked well.
      If appearance is what you're after, recommend good quality printable media.

Comment

Hi gtfourever
        I also agree with 90312 about the media ,as I have had this happen to some of my movies first hand, and will only use quality media from now on.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I'm also having problems. but its not just with older movies freezing, new ones are doing it to. switched dvd brands and it still happens. bought a new blue ray player, still happening. HELP PLEASE

Comment

jandy71, the first thing to do is post the logs and the second thing is to slow down the burning speed, a good rule of thumb is burn at half the rated speed of the blank media.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X