Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bootmgr is missing.

Hi Everyone.

I am currently using Win 7 Ult 32bit & everytime I use Dvdfab 8.0.8.5 & reboot the computer, I get the "BootMgr is missing" message.

Has anybody else got this using this version of Dvdfab? I'm only getting this when I use dvdfab, not any other time.

Thanks

Does this happen when you reboot after installing DVDFab?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes it did. I had to use the repair option on the Windows setup disc to fix it. Rebooted plenty of times since then with no issues.

This time I ended up having to reinstall just to get the computer to boot up again.

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Does this happen when you reboot after installing DVDFab?

Comment

Originally posted by choliscott View Post
        Hi Everyone.

I am currently using Win 7 Ult 32bit & everytime I use Dvdfab 8.0.8.5 & reboot the computer, I get the "BootMgr is missing" message.

Has anybody else got this using this version of Dvdfab? I'm only getting this when I use dvdfab, not any other time.

Thanks
        When you run DVDFab do you by chance hook an external drive to your computer to store the backup? If you do leaving it connected during reboot could cause this message to appear.
        Last edited by Blurayfan; 03-26-2011, 02:48 AM.
        Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

Sounds as a Windows issue.

Comment

It is a Windows problem and not a really rare one either.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

I have one of those external docks that you slide a sata drive into. However I did have the drive i used for data storage when I did my last win 7 install, which caused the message on the first reboot on initial install of dvd fab, but i didn't when i rebooted the next time i used dvd fab.

For storing any projects, output files, etc.. No I use an internal drive.

Originally posted by DVDKingdom View Post
              When you run DVDFab do you by chance hook an external drive to your computer to store the backup? If you do leaving it connected during reboot could cause this message to appear.
              Last edited by choliscott; 03-26-2011, 04:32 AM.

Comment

I should add that i have the dock hooked up thru an e-sata port instead of usb.

Comment

Working...
                X