This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

download insurance

Is there a reason to get download insurance? If there is a need to reinstall the program won't I be able to just download the software and reuse my registration key? Does purchasing the lifetime subscription negate the need for insurance?

Not really. You are able to download from the links in this forum and your key will work.

Make sure though that you buy from dvdfab.com (which will transfer you to dvdfab.net during the process).

All other sites are SCAMS!!!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      Not really. You are able to download from the links in this forum and your key will work.

Make sure though that you buy from dvdfab.com (which will transfer you to dvdfab.net during the process).

All other sites are SCAMS!!!
      Exactly...
      As GregiBoy said, there's no benefit to download insurance with respect to Fab.
      Again, just to re-emphasize...keep your regkey backed up on a safe location(s)...not only on your hdd, but on a flash drive, etc., as well as on an outside server like gmail, hotmail, etc.
      Last edited by maineman; 11-14-2009, 07:00 PM.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I've never heard of download insurance .............
        "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Yeah been around for ages, sometimes called different things, quite a lot of large companies like Symantec, Corel, etc offer it for products purchased by download.

Fab offers it as the last part of the purchase process. I really do not know why.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Please excuse my ignorance, but I have never heard of it either.

What (briefly) is the use of it?

I recently had my computer fail on me, lost everything including all my emails, all my programs and even photos etc. IF I had this could I have retrieved all these things from a Company for the new computer?

Mind you I had NO problem with DVDFab just reinstalled it on the new computer and had the key sent to me via email.

Comment

No... You are misunderstanding.

Let's use Symantec as an example. When you purchase and download Norton 360, it allows you to download for 30 days. If you purchase the download insurance, you can download for 12 months.

The only way you could have saved your computer is by a strong backup regime. For example, my main workstations run mirrored drives so that if the main drive falls over, I can swap to the mirrored drive. I also then as an operating procedure, clone the main drive on a weekly basis to an external drive.

This is called redundancy !!!

Comment

Maybe it is me but that is as clear as mud.

What is download insurance???

Comment

What you are buying is to download the program that you purchased for an extended period of time rather than the normal 30 day period that they offer.

Capisce?

Comment

What you are buying is to download the program that you purchased for an extended period of time rather than the normal 30 day period that they offer.

Capisce?
                    Not really, with DVDFab for example why wouldn't you just buy 12 months.

Also as it is annoying me so much that I don't understand it, I just did a ''google'' search, and it seemed to confirm what I was thinking it was.

QUOTE.............

Add Download Insurance

That's the $3.95 a gamer sees on an invoice with a little note that says: "To keep your download available online, just in case you need it." The publisher is basically saying: "Buy and download this game now. Pay an extra fee, and if your hard drive dies, you can always come back and download the game again." So in a funky way, it's like selling insurance.

ENDQUOTE..............

Comment

That's exactly what it is and when you go to purchase Fab (Try it but don't complete the sale) it offers you a similar option.

For the life of me, I cannot see why it is even offered.

As you say, buy 12 months of Fab and dowload new releases and betas here on the forum.

Comment

For the life of me, I cannot see why it is even offered.
                        Obviously to confuse people like me, and it has done a VERY good job of that.

Thank you.............

I think I will go and lie down now for a while, or maybe watch Tiger Woods.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                          or maybe watch Tiger Woods.
                          YOU CAN'T DO THAT FOR ANOTHER HOUR !!!

Stay here and get confused some more !!!

Comment

YOU CAN'T DO THAT FOR ANOTHER HOUR !!!

Stay here and get confused some more !!!
                            You have me there, I thought it was an hour later than it is.

Must have been thinking of Mexican Summer Time.

Comment

Working...
                            X