Best universal video format to rip to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best universal video format to rip to?

Hi folks. I have a bunch of devices (iPad, Seagate FAT + HD, Xbox) and I'd like to rip my DVDs with high quality for a format they can all use over the network. Which is best? Thanks.

Hi fuzzyreets,

H264 is a more advanced encoding scheme with many advantages. Please choose DVD Ripper -Generic-generic.mp4.h264.aac for your Seagate FAT + HD; Choose DVD Ripper- iPad-iPad.h264 to convert for your iPad; choose DVD Ripper- Xbox.wmv9 or xbox.wmv10 to convert for your Xbox.

Comment

There is no "UNIVERSAL" format which will play on all of these devices untouched.

If you download VLC for your iPad, you should be able to accomodate a couple with generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy. I think the XBox can also play that with some jiggery pokey.

Give it a go....

Originally posted by fuzzyreets View Post
      Hi folks. I have a bunch of devices (iPad, Seagate FAT + HD, Xbox) and I'd like to rip my DVDs with high quality for a format they can all use over the network. Which is best? Thanks.
      Last edited by GregiBoy; 04-11-2011, 04:29 AM.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
      X