Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disc unreadable then no disc detected

Hi Everyone,

Everytime Dvdfab gives me a read error with the ignore, abort, etc prompt. If I hit abort eventually the program goes back to like if you just started the program.

If I put in another disc, the drive light comes on & there is no disc detected. The only way I can get it to work again is to shut down the computer & restart.

Is there something that gets loaded that I can "end task" on if this happens?

Thanks

Originally posted by choliscott View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Everytime Dvdfab gives me a read error with the ignore, abort, etc prompt. If I hit abort eventually the program goes back to like if you just started the program.

If I put in another disc, the drive light comes on & there is no disc detected. The only way I can get it to work again is to shut down the computer & restart.

Is there something that gets loaded that I can "end task" on if this happens?

Thanks

From your description, it sounds like Fab is in conflict with another piece of software for control of your DVD drive.

There's two things you can do...

1.) Give us a complete list of all the software installed on your system - OR -

2.) Download, install and run a piece of software called Imgburn (a freebie on the web - and in the opinion of many here - me included - a better burner than the VSO burner supplied with Fab), go to the tools tab, click on it, then go to the Filter Driver Load Order, click on it, and copy and paste the info this gives you here in your next post.

At that point, we should be able to help you.

DC

Comment

I am also runing Daemon tools (virtual cd drive)

===============================================
      Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.5.0

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
      Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
      Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
      Lower Class Filter: [None Found]
      Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
      File Name: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\GEARAspiWDM.sys
      File Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
      File Description: CD DVD Filter
      Product Name: CD DVD Filter
      Product Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
      Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
      Copyright: Copyright (C) GEAR Software Inc. 1997-2009

Comment

I am also runing Daemon tools (virtual cd drive)

Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.5.0

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
        Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
        Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
        Lower Class Filter: [None Found]
        Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
        File Name: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\GEARAspiWDM.sys
        File Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
        File Description: CD DVD Filter
        Product Name: CD DVD Filter
        Product Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
        Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
        Copyright: Copyright (C) GEAR Software Inc. 1997-2009

Thanx for the info about Daemon Tools... I suspect that's the problem.

Try shutting it down completely and run Fab and try a disk and let us know what happens.

DC

P.S. Your Filter Driver Load Info is normal... no problems there.

Comment

I uninstalled Daemon & still had the same issue. I tried to create an image file using imgburn & it gave the error:

Device Not Ready (No Reference Position Found)

I did update the burners firmware to the latest version, which did help with a couple discs. So far everything seems to be working better (knock on wood)

Any suggestions on what to do if I do get the error I mentioned above ?

Comment

I uninstalled Daemon & still had the same issue. I tried to create an image file using imgburn & it gave the error:

Device Not Ready (No Reference Position Found)

I did update the burners firmware to the latest version, which did help with a couple discs. So far everything seems to be working better (knock on wood)

Any suggestions on what to do if I do get the error I mentioned above ?

You might try un-installing your burner through Device Manager (Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager), then reboot Windows to re-install the device drivers, just in case they are corrupted.

If your problem persists, then it's probably time to look at getting a new burner.

If you're not running XP, it might also be wise to make sure all software is installed and run 'as administrator'.

Please keep us posted.

DC

Comment

Working...
            X