crash on startup and no process file written

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crash on startup and no process file written

This post is just to report a bug. I have a registered key for BLURAY COPY and my 8.0.8.5 version had DVD COPY and BLURAY2DVD expired. This program had been working fine up until I made changes to some of the defaults.

I clicked on settings (that checkmark) and went thru all the options, selected changes that I wanted, and restarted DVDFab. It crashed on startup just after the introduction screen. It was attempting to read a null pointer according to VS2008 debug runtime. I deleted the files in the log directory as they were too big and had a lot of stuff from several months past. I then rebooted and ran DVDFab again. It crashed on startup at the same place (after that introduction screen). There was no disk in the player nor any mounted in the DVDFab virtual drive. Only the internal log file was created and it had only two lines of text and no indication of any error.

I uninstalled 8.0.8.5, rebooted and re-installed. It works fine now. I ran the key program and re-registered. It shows that I have never used any of the other programs (DVD COPY , etc) which I know already expired.

I would like to change some of the settings but I assume the program will crash again. It is too much trouble to change one setting at a time and re-run the program just to find which change caused the problem. Your debugging software should have trapped the error and written something useful to the process log.

Suggestion: When the introduction screen pops up can you add a button to reset the defaults? At least I wont have to re-install the program to get it to work.

best regards
    Last edited by BeemerBiker; 04-21-2011, 02:32 PM.
Working...
X